Logos Unbound Facebook event

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 284
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 3:39 PM

My guess is that they’re going to ditch the numbering system in some way, hence unbound 

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 4:20 PM

mab:

I'm not sure if I will tune in. But I already emailed my rep that I will order my new base package through him. 

It's been so long since I have bought something of substance, I forgot who my rep is. /sigh

Posts 9
Antony Brennan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 6:55 PM

I expect ”Unbound” means either

(1) a fully functioning web app, or

(2) an unlocked subscription service that you pay by the month ( I think you can already get that in IOS), so-

I hope it’s number (1)

The web app has had a number of updates recently. I don’t know what was updated but if I left had to reload the page on three occasions with e message saying a new version was available.  Not sure if that is usual.

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:36 PM

Maybe being "unbound" is fully functioning features on the desktop version without having to be connected to the internet! I would benefit from that greatly.

Maybe it's a more fully-functioning mobile (iOS/Android) version of the app? 

Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be nice (and hopefully mature enough for release). 

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:59 PM

I still want Logos to be unbound from computers. Just design and upload my library through a neural interface please.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 7627
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:03 PM

Or maybe “Unbound” in the sense that the speed issue will no longer bound the software and it will finally be lightning fast!

DAL

Posts 887
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:33 PM

Sean McIntyre:

My guess is that they’re going to ditch the numbering system in some way, hence unbound 

Skipping Logos 9 and jumping straight to Logos Chi (X) 😉

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:48 PM

David Wanat:
Skipping Logos 9 and jumping straight to Logos Chi (X) 😉

When I mentioned Logos X, I got shot down pretty quickly by those committed to "Logos 9" - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194104/1120505.aspx#1120505 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9
Antony Brennan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:56 PM

Could be logos 8s

Posts 9
Antony Brennan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:57 PM

This is what I dream about, uploading books to my brain

Posts 76
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:47 PM

I would be VERY VERY disappointed if they moved away from an installed version of the software. I often go long periods without internet.  We have no internet at the church. While I don't travel as much as I used to, I used to write my sermons on the plane.

Right now, I have a powerful laptop and over 6000 books at my fingertips without having to go online to access them. It is one of the reasons I went with Logos so many years ago. I would greatly miss that ability.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 11:36 PM

Jeffrey Visser:

I would be VERY VERY disappointed if they moved away from an installed version of the software. I often go long periods without internet.  We have no internet at the church. While I don't travel as much as I used to, I used to write my sermons on the plane.

Right now, I have a powerful laptop and over 6000 books at my fingertips without having to go online to access them. It is one of the reasons I went with Logos so many years ago. I would greatly miss that ability.

Bob Pritchett committed in the past to not walking away from desktop software and I don't believe anyone expects him to not honor his word on that with Logos 9, people, myself included are justing saying it maybe that the web app will be pushed more front and centre than it has until now because it has been under development for a number of years but is now probably ready - using FL's definiton of ready - to push it to a wider audience. FL have never really gone to the market and said hey look at our you beaut web app.

If you ae very disappointed tommorrow so would a lot of other people be very disappionted and to take away the deskotp app from people in your position woud be to go against FL's core misson to serve the church through technology as there are significant part so the church worldwide in your situaiton.  Customers like yourself don't have a big voice on these forums because as you said you dont't go online for long periods of time.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:13 AM

Another option:

Logos Unbound is the level beyound Logos Ultimate. With Logos Ubound you get access to every resource in the Logos Cataloge.

DIsciple II:

Gordon Jones:

The word "unbound" is an interesting choice.

A hard launch of the web app to a wider audience. About four years ago give or take on exact details FL started on a journey of a new web app and notes tool. With Logos 8 they released and very much unfinished notes tool which was a significant part of, but not all of course, of the web app.  There is always more potential enhancements to come for the web app and the notes tool but one could say they are now reasonably well developed after this period of time, so Logos Unbound is Logos inbound from a desktop installation, unbound from a mobile device installation, Unbound from the need to instal, you can access your resources, user created content and major Tools through a Browse. With WS now out of the picture along with its web app FL is probably the only major bible software provider which backs up its installation bound applications with a significant installation unbound application through a web browser. And being unbound to an installation it is unbound to an operating system.

it is however bound in one significant way - bound to the need for a reliable internet connection.

P.S. there is probably no truth in this scenario so we’ll have to wait and see what the author intended the text to mean rather than reading our own interpretation into the text, but it is interesting to read what people think it means all the same Cool

Posts 371
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:26 AM

DAL:

Or maybe “Unbound” in the sense that the speed issue will no longer bound the software and it will finally be lightning fast!

DAL

I vote for this definition!

Posts 1044
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:48 AM

I  wish unbound means a subscription tier that have all access to any Logos resources. But it is unlikely what it means.

Anyway I‘m also sad to see they host the livestream on Facebook. I wish they did it on their own Faithlife site, or YouTube. I understand it is a pragmatic choice to reach audiences. But comparing Facebook and Youtube I can’t see how Youtube can’t reach the audiences they would reach in Facebook instead. Facebook is such an evil company that people should avoid and Faithlife endorsing it is not a good message.

I also wish unbound includes a remake of this forum. Typing here on mobile hurts.

Posts 251
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 4:24 AM

Kolen Cheung:
Anyway I‘m also sad to see they host the livestream on Facebook. I wish they did it on their own Faithlife site, or YouTube.

Agree 110%!!

I will never use Facebook! FL has a perfectly functional website and YouTube has a wide worldwide base!

Posts 1
Olrik van der Woerd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 5:16 AM

So, they are gonna stream it live on Facebook only? What a pity and a Big Miss..

Posts 345
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 5:23 AM

Olrik van der Woerd:

So, they are gonna stream it live on Facebook only? What a pity and a Big Miss..

YesConfused

Luuk

Posts 2455
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:11 AM

James Hudson:

Kolen Cheung:
Anyway I‘m also sad to see they host the livestream on Facebook. I wish they did it on their own Faithlife site, or YouTube.

Agree 110%!!

I will never use Facebook! FL has a perfectly functional website and YouTube has a wide worldwide base!

In a similar situation and agree.

Posts 338
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 7:19 AM

James Hudson:

Kolen Cheung:

Agree 110%!!

Yes

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS