Logos 9 discounts?

Page 2 of 7 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 129 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:04 AM

If I look at the Verbum packages that I cannot buy (i.e. region locked) the only resource I am missing is the $89.99 liturgy of the hours but the cost of each package is:

Gold $7.76

Platinum $8.15

Diamond $8.13

Portfolio $8.22

So you can see the smaller discount as you get the larger package (with the curious exception of Diamond)., so you can see that buying gold at $7.76 would give you a $8.22 discount on portfolio.  

Posts 667
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:08 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

PL:

Hi Kaleb,

Can you tell us whether the 5% Connect discount applies to FL Connect (No Resources) subscribers?

It does as long as you have an active subscription prior to Oct 25.

Not so. I'm not receiving a Connect discount. I purchased it over the weekend. I even upgraded my plan today and my credit card was charged a monthly subscription fee, but I'm not receiving the discount. I called customer service and they were unable to resolve the issue. When I spoke to sales over the phone, they are willing to manually give me the discount, but I want to purchase these packages over the internet. Can you please resolve this issue? Thanks.

Posts 3896
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:12 AM

Friedrich:

Kaleb Cuevas:

Friedrich:

I'm a bit curious why some of my base packages have a 14% discount, not fifteen.

Hey Friedrich,

Can you share which packages you are experiencing this with?

Sure, I haven't gone through each package, but only at the ones I was looking at so far. And I need to amend my statement: 19% (not 14%, with the connect discount):

Standard Bronze, Gold, Diamond, Portfolio

Anglican Starter, Silver, Diamond

Methodist Starter, Bronze, Platinum

Verbum Bronze, Diamond

the above are after looking at each complete line. I have not gone through others yet, but I know that Orthodox had shown that, too. I can go through the rest. There doesn't seem to be a specific package problem as each line is affected at varying/differing levels.

Baptist Starter, Bronze, Platinum, Diamond, Portfolio

Lutheran Silver

Messianic Bronze, Platinum

Orthodox Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond

Pentecostal Starter, Gold, Portfolio

Reformed: (none)

SDA: (interestingly, Starter and bronze showed 98% and 99% respectively, the rest, 20%)

Verbum Eastern: Bronze, Silver

Verbum Ordinariate: Starter, Bronze, Gold

Logos Academic: (Essentials 96%, Standard 97%, Premium 98%) 

Verbum Academic (Essentials "owned", Standard 95%, Premium 96%)

Features: Starter 93%, the rest, 5%.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:16 AM

Into Grace:

Kaleb Cuevas:

PL:

Hi Kaleb,

Can you tell us whether the 5% Connect discount applies to FL Connect (No Resources) subscribers?

It does as long as you have an active subscription prior to Oct 25.

Not so. I'm not receiving a Connect discount. I purchased it over the weekend. I even upgraded my plan today and my credit card was charged a monthly subscription fee, but I'm not receiving the discount. I called customer service and they were unable to resolve the issue. When I spoke to sales over the phone, they are willing to manually give me the discount, but I want to purchase these packages over the internet. Can you please resolve this issue? Thanks.

I don't see a connect discount either, though its likely because I'm on the academic discount. If it isn't, I did subscribe to connect on the 23rd.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:20 AM

Tony Walker:

Is there a way to 'test' this method? It seems like the only way to know how it works it to actually buy them one at a time. If it doesn't work out better, do you just call and ask for a refund of all the packages you just worked your way up to?

I don't think you can "test" this method without purchasing packages and returning them if your selected upgrade path is more expensive.

Posts 1750
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:22 AM

Well, obviously the step method will not be wise for me for the Academic packages.

Essentials - 3.54

Standard - 96.59

Premium - 73.61

I think this is because I already have most of the difference between Standard and Premium - or at least the biggest cost parts at least.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 24
Peter Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:46 AM
No Connect discount here either (Essentials No Library) I don’t have academic discount, so that’s not the culprit!
Posts 180
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:40 PM

Peter Ryan:
No Connect discount here either (Essentials No Library) I don’t have academic discount, so that’s not the culprit!

Hey Peter,

I checked your account, you do qualify thanks for letting us know. I have added you to the discount sorry for the inconvenience. 

Posts 180
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:42 PM

abondservant:

I don't see a connect discount either, though its likely because I'm on the academic discount. If it isn't, I did subscribe to connect on the 23rd.

That is correct abondservant your academic discount qualifies you for 30% off which exceeds the 20% discount, which is why you will see the 30% on the site.

Posts 1006
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:44 PM

Friedrich:

Friedrich:

Kaleb Cuevas:

Friedrich:

I'm a bit curious why some of my base packages have a 14% discount, not fifteen.

Hey Friedrich,

Can you share which packages you are experiencing this with?

Sure, I haven't gone through each package, but only at the ones I was looking at so far. And I need to amend my statement: 19% (not 14%, with the connect discount):

Standard Bronze, Gold, Diamond, Portfolio

Anglican Starter, Silver, Diamond

Methodist Starter, Bronze, Platinum

Verbum Bronze, Diamond

the above are after looking at each complete line. I have not gone through others yet, but I know that Orthodox had shown that, too. I can go through the rest. There doesn't seem to be a specific package problem as each line is affected at varying/differing levels.

Baptist Starter, Bronze, Platinum, Diamond, Portfolio

Lutheran Silver

Messianic Bronze, Platinum

Orthodox Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond

Pentecostal Starter, Gold, Portfolio

Reformed: (none)

SDA: (interestingly, Starter and bronze showed 98% and 99% respectively, the rest, 20%)

Verbum Eastern: Bronze, Silver

Verbum Ordinariate: Starter, Bronze, Gold

Logos Academic: (Essentials 96%, Standard 97%, Premium 98%) 

Verbum Academic (Essentials "owned", Standard 95%, Premium 96%)

Features: Starter 93%, the rest, 5%.

So, at each step that you took, did you choose the lowest price or the highest discount? I'm looking at $1533.49 to get to Ultimate, including the $132.17 for the Full Feature Upgrade.

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:45 PM

Ken McGuire:
Well, obviously the step method will not be wise for me for the Academic packages.

Me either, although the difference for me is smaller.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 1006
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:54 PM

Mike Pettit:

mike:

Mike Pettit:

The price for me is low because I have a large library (it really is shameful and please do not tell the wife) but yes, it is cheaper buying in steps.

As for how many resources I am not there yet, it is taking ages buying in steps!

How much money do you save by buying the base package 1 step at a time all the way up to Ultimate?

Also, your price also isn't much different than mine actually, hence that was why I was surprised. lol

I spent $1663 which saved $181 of the initial $1844 price i.e. around a 10% saving and I missed out several steps due to idleness.

So, at each step that you took, did you choose the lowest price or the highest discount? I'm looking at $1533.49 to get to Ultimate, including the $132.17 for the Full Feature Upgrade.

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:05 PM

Dale E Heath:

Purchase the highest discount first to the lowest discount, to save the most.

(If you call Sales, they can actually do that for you, so you don't have to determine it on your own.)

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:10 PM

PetahChristian:

Purchase the highest discount first to the lowest discount, to save the most.

(If you call Sales, they can actually do that for you, so you don't have to determine it on your own.)

I am thinking of returning my purchase and letting Sales figure out my specific upgrade path. It would be great if Logos could comment on these upgrade / pricing strategies.

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:27 PM

I did the stepwise upgrade for the German base packages. It saved me $136.

So I will contact sales to return my purchase of a single English base package and figure out the best upgrade path.

Posts 10791
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:48 PM

Tony Walker:
If it doesn't work out better, do you just call and ask for a refund of all the packages you just worked your way up to?

You can request refunds on every purchase for up to 30 days. FL is very generous in that regard.

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:58 PM

Jack Caviness:

Tony Walker:
If it doesn't work out better, do you just call and ask for a refund of all the packages you just worked your way up to?

You can request refunds on every purchase for up to 30 days. FL is very generous in that regard.

Yes, they are, but please be aware that there is a limit of one refund per each package or item. That means if you return something, then buy it again, you may not be able to ask for any more refunds on that item.

Posts 1045
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:54 PM

Hi, I just want to mention that it is very desirable to have the most direct way of purchasing to be cheapest.

But it is a very difficult Mathematical problem, if at all possible.

Essentially the difficulties come from 2 factors:

1. an individual title can have different discounts within different bundle

2. dynamic pricing which scales from the discount of all titles included, to the titles new to you only

Without having that criteria set at the beginning, and construct a generic formula that always fulfill that criteria, (which I guess is impossible given (1) & (2) and the fact that different people can have different existing resources), the only option to guarantee that is by exhaustive search, which is quite expensive (ask how many different paths can you choose to obtain Ultimate? The combinatorics is exponential. Although I think good heuristics probably exists such as avoiding some obviously poor paths.)

Unless Faithlife can proof their formula can always guarantees the desired properties above (which is already disproved by giving a counter-example earlier), then the only right thing to do is to release the dynamic pricing formula as a full disclosure on what they are doing and let you, in principle, to be able to figure out the cheapest way to obtain a combinations. But even with that you might just try a few obvious combinations to search for the cheapest path, while you might not be able to prove the one you choose is cheapest, if the package you are buying is large enough for it to be computationally prohibitive to be searched exhaustively.

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:04 PM

Maybe my thinking is too simplistic, but if FL assigns a discount to each resource and this discount gets larger with the larger package, then the problem should be solved. I saved 14% when upgrading my German base package using a step-by-step upgrade compared to going directly to the bundle that I wanted. The path that I chose was based on the discount percentage, so it might not even have been the ideal upgrade path. 

Unfortunately, now I have to go through lots of hoops to get my upgrade to Ultimate undone and do the step-by-step upgrade, reuse the Mobile Ed coupons,.....

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:39 PM

Armin:
Unfortunately, now I have to go through lots of hoops to get my upgrade to Ultimate undone and do the step-by-step upgrade, reuse the Mobile Ed coupons,.....

It might be financially profitable, but is there an emotional or a spiritual cost for you and a FL rep to go through lots of hoops to undo all that?

Page 2 of 7 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS