Which new Wordsearch resources would you like to see first?

Page 21 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21
This post has 412 Replies | 61 Followers

Posts 8
Rev Paul Papas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 10:48 PM

Thank you for your reply.

Posts 68
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2021 4:49 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
It's available as an Ebook. Depending on the resource, it may be available later as a Logos edition.

I think a lot of anguish could have been spared by distinguishing between provisional and completed forms of availability. Similarly, it also might be helpful to know from the catalog/library web pages if a WS resource was mapped to an existing resource, or produced as a new one. At migration time, "Available" initially referred to existing Logos resources to which WS modules were being mapped, but now it's a nebulous and perhaps confusing term.

Currently, the status "Available" refers to three distinct groups of resources: those that have been made available in a better-then-nothing provisional ebook format; those that have been completed through the hard work of the good folks at Faithlife (whether in ebook, LReader, or LResearch format); and those that were available in Logos at the time of the WS buyout.

It might be helpful to change the status value on the new-to-Logos available WS resources to either "Completed" or "Provisional" to make it clear to all how much work Faithlife has been doing on this, and whether an existing (i.e. available) resource is in its intended final state, or still being perfected.

Posts 1
Bob Buchan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2021 5:45 PM
  1. One program I greatly miss from Wordsearch is Adult Questions for Lessonmaker. I see adult questions for lessonmaker index but not the full program. When I can that back?
Posts 31933
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2021 5:57 PM

Bob Buchan:
When I can that back?

Welcome to the forums ... don't expect answers to "when" questions ... the forums are primarily user-to-user. When FL employees do weigh in, they rarely give dates unless it is close and already public knowledge. Too many of us were obnoxious when estimates were not met Wink Okay, it's probably simply business wisdom - the unexpected will happen (Murphy's law) so don't promise what you may not be able to deliver.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19157
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2021 6:03 PM

Bob Buchan:

1. One program I greatly miss from Wordsearch is Adult Questions for Lessonmaker. I see adult questions for lessonmaker index but not the full program. When I can that back?

Welcome Big Smile

New Faithlife feedback has 8 votes for => LESSONmaker with status of "In Progress" and comment by Faithlife 23 days ago

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

The LESSONmaker Adult Questions (and all other LESSONmaker resources) will be coming to Logos: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog

We're not yet certain how we'll handle the functionality of building a lesson plan by copying-and-pasting questions to a document editor within the software. It may be replaced by copying resource content to Microsoft Word or any other third-party document editor.

Faithlife feedback has 7 votes => Adult Questions for LESSONMaker with status of "Planned"

Caveat: new feedback website needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 9 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19157
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2021 6:23 PM

MJ. Smith:
Too many of us were obnoxious when estimates were not met Wink

Embarrassed Long time Mac users can remember waiting history on Logos Wiki => Mac Release Notes and History that includes:

Logos Blog 13 Feb 2007 update included “And there is no good answer to the question I’m asked almost daily: When?”

Initial Logos for Mac 1 shipped on 5 Dec 2008 (with ongoing corporate lesson learned to usually leave public "When ?" question unanswered as earlier estimate of 21 Jun 2006 for Mac software shipping was overly optimistic by ~2.5 years)

MJ. Smith:
When FL employees do weigh in, they rarely give dates unless it is close and already public knowledge.

Thankful for recent Faithlife reply on 19 Feb 2021 about Wordsearch resource conversion that included:

Kyle G. Anderson:
For titles that we didn't carry we've been actively making them available in the Logos platform and improving their functionality and continue to do so. On February 16, we pushed out/updated over 200 titles and we're gearing up for another batch on March 3. In the last three days we've prepped 34 titles and that number will continue to grow over the next 12 days. As of this morning we have over 900 titles that are either in the process of being upgraded from ePubs into Logos Research editions. Most of these are your commentaries, Bibles, encyclopedias, etc.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
David Ziegel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 3:22 PM

I keep looking for Life Application Bible Notes to be moved over from my Wordsearch books to Logos.  Don't even see it on the list of things still to happen.  The Life Application Bible Notes in my Logos seem to only a list of the headings or titles of the notes, but not the verse by verse (more or less) notes from the Life Application Study Bible in Wordsearch.

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

David Ziegel:
I keep looking for Life Application Bible Notes to be moved over from my Wordsearch books to Logos.  Don't even see it on the list of things still to happen.  The Life Application Bible Notes in my Logos seem to only a list of the headings or titles of the notes, but not the verse by verse (more or less) notes from the Life Application Study Bible in Wordsearch.

It should be listed under 0:69 at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog 

It's currently available as an Ebook that was autoconverted from Wordsearch and doesn't have all the Logos tagging. Since it is a Study Bible Notes resource, I expect that it will be upgraded to a full Logos edition.

Posts 262
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 12:05 PM

Still counting the days until the Fire Bible is released.  By a large margin, this has been my most requested and anticipated Logos resource for over a decade now.

Posts 4468
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 6:26 AM

Do we have any updates on the Life Application Study Bible Notes or Holman OT Commentary? I noticed that they still aren't up for PreOrder yet.

Thx

Posts 5082
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 12:21 PM

John W Gillis:
 It might be helpful to change the status value on the new-to-Logos available WS resources to either "Completed" or "Provisional" to make it clear to all how much work Faithlife has been doing on this, and whether an existing (i.e. available) resource is in its intended final state, or still being perfected.

Hear, hear!

Posts 647
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 12:27 PM

I am surprised at the number of resources in my library are still in progress. Any estimate to when the transfer will be complete?

Posts 109
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2021 1:11 AM

There won't be an estimate, but there are updates, for example see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/198627/1160218.aspx so work is ongoing.

Page 21 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 | RSS