Community Pricing: one more week

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:00 AM

Greater Men and Women of the Bible is in the final stretch. Currently at $15, closing in on $12 for this 6 volume work. Just a few more orders will push it down. Published nearly a century ago by T&T Clark. I've always been impressed with their books, and they're still in business after all these years. That speaks well of their quality. Bible characters don't change in 100 years, so this classic work is still very pertinent today.

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 11 2010 8:17 PM

Don't miss out on this great value. Over 3100 pages.

Bid $15, but price should drop to only $12, if a few more people bid before the deadline, Friday noon, 7/16

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/6383

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:05 AM

Come on everyone lets drive this down to twelve  dollars ($12.00).

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 9467
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:16 AM

You'll be glad to own six volumes of Biblical biographical studies for only $12.00.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:25 AM

This would be a terrific resource linked to the Biblical People report!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:27 AM

Dan DeVilder:

I agree, but the recent experience with Zondervan dictionaries suggests that it won't be. Perhaps Sean Boisen could confirm whether this resource will be tagged with LCV. If it is, I'm in!

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:31 AM

Mark Barnes:

Dan DeVilder:

I agree, but the recent experience with Zondervan dictionaries suggests that it won't be. Perhaps Sean Boisen could confirm whether this resource will be tagged with LCV. If it is, I'm in!

I'm with you.  My "exuberance" and exclamation were actually a veiled suggestion that it WILL be linked.  Angel  I suppose I need to be more obvious.  Thanks for doing that for me!

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:57 AM

Come on, everybody. It's $15 now and will go up to about $100 by the end of this week. Whether it's linked into Biblical People or not (I hope it will be) it will still come up in searches. You can do what I've done and make a collection for Bible Character Studies which will include this as well as other resources you might own such as Larry Richards' Every Man in the Bible and Every Woman in the Bible, Arthur Pink's The Life of David and Gleanings from Elisha: His Life and Miracles, F.F. Bruce's Paul: Apostle of the Free Spirit, and a couple of others. I feel that collection is pretty weak (there isn't much else in Logos's catalogue that would build it up), and I cannot wait to add this to it!

Posts 744
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 10:08 AM

So close to $12 kids! Take a look or another look if you haven't already.

It would just take a few more people...

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 7996
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:13 PM

Hi Rosie and everybody else,

It seems like you know more about this bidding process.  I  have a question: I just bid $15 USD for the 6 vols. resource.  Does that mean that I will get all 6 vols. for $15? I'm just curious, since everybody seems to be pushing for $15.  Thanks for any info you might give me.

Best wishes,

Douglas

Ps.  It'd be nice if we could all bid for Albert Barnes OT & NT commentaries to get them cheaper.

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:16 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:
I  have a question: I just bid $15 USD for the 6 vols. resource.  Does that mean that I will get all 6 vols. for $15? I'm just curious, since everybody seems to be pushing for $15.

If production costs are met at $15, then everyone who has bid $15 or above will get it for $15 - it being all 6 volumes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7996
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:27 PM

Thanks MJ Smith,

Well, I'm sure glad I bid $15 for it! Smile

Posts 3763
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:39 PM

MJ. Smith:
If production costs are met at $15, then everyone who has bid $15 or above will get it for $15 - it being all 6 volumes.

Or less - if enough additional $15 bids are received, the price could still drop even lower.  But you will get the lowest price for which it eventually sells.  There is no need to lower your bid - you get the lower price automatically.  I originally bid $45, but I will be paying $15 or lower.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 10:15 PM

Mark Barnes:

Dan DeVilder:

Mark:

Our long-term goal is to integrate as many dictionaries (and other subject-oriented resources) into the LCV as we can. That includes the Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible (which i expect we'll get started on soon, believe it or not), and other resources as they're developed, including this one. I don't want to promise anything, since we've already got a significant backlog we're trying to get through (though you can expect some good news on that front next month), and priorities can change. But that's definitely the intention.

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:28 AM

Thanks, Sean!

Posts 9467
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:47 AM

Sean Boisen:
(though you can expect some good news on that front next month)

Breathlessly awaiting. This sort of thing is what makes Logos so valuable to us as users.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 744
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 10:26 AM

It's almost at that $12 mark... any help out there?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:41 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Sean Boisen:
(though you can expect some good news on that front next month)

Breathlessly awaiting. This sort of thing is what makes Logos so valuable to us as users.

OXYGEN, STAT!

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:59 PM

I just discovered these forums and the General in specific.  I also just felt the sheer exhilaration of reading this thread and making my first community pricing bid at $12.  You people are too funny!

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:07 PM

Welcome, Paul! You realize, I hope, that if the price doesn't go down to $12 by Friday noon, your bid will be lower than the final price, so you won't end up getting it at all. And then it shoots up to $99.95 when it goes into pre-publication. If you want to be sure to get it at the Community Pricing price, up your bid to $15.

And we still need a couple more people (not sure exactly how many) to bid in order for the price to go down to $12. We all get the benefit of the lower price if it does go down.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS