Verbum 9 Diamond

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:48 PM

I am super impressed with the updated Verbum libraries, I am a Westminster Confession guy myself but Verbum Diamond has some fantastic pre reformation resources that are just so cheap in a base package, for instance:

• Cistercian Publications St. Bernard of Clairvaux Collection (21 vols.), Calvin saw him as a Church Father and so should we
  • Augustine’s Letters and Theological Writings: A Translation for the 21st Century (9 vols.)
  • Augustine’s Doctrinal Writings: A Translation for the 21st Century (9 vols.)
  • The City of God : A Translation for the 21st Century (2 vols.)
  • The Sermons of Saint Augustine, 11 vols. (The Works of Saint Augustine: A Translation for the 21st Century)

To have modern translations is such an advantage over the venerable and very partial patristics collections that we all have, it makes reading them so much easier. 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:38 PM

True. I had to open up Logos and compare the wording earlier today.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 962
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:47 PM

I'm aiming for that once I get my next check. I only had enough saved to hit Platinum

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 845
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 4:31 PM

Mike Pettit:

I am super impressed with the updated Verbum libraries....

Mike, inspired by your enthusiasm, I looked at the Verbum packages and ran across this applicable quote from Augustine's "On Christian Belief":

This, however, I will say with complete confidence, pace all those who have an obstinate love for their books

Smile

Lew

Posts 4841
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:41 PM

Mike Pettit:
I am super impressed with the updated Verbum libraries,

Me too! I'm especially pleased with the Verbum Eastern Rite libraries, which are very heavy on valuable patristic works not yet in my library.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS