Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:53 AM

Hi All

Just in the process of transferring my material from an old to a new machine. The problem is - it has been so long since I have done this kind of thing that I've forgotten how to do it with Logos 3. I have my original disks plus Scholar's Library and also the set of disks for Series X. I think it is possible to physically move the files containing all my books etc but how do I get the program up & running? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gerald

Posts 271
Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:27 PM

Gerald Rodgers:

Hi All

Just in the process of transferring my material from an old to a new machine. The problem is - it has been so long since I have done this kind of thing that I've forgotten how to do it with Logos 3. I have my original disks plus Scholar's Library and also the set of disks for Series X. I think it is possible to physically move the files containing all my books etc but how do I get the program up & running? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gerald

Gerald,

To install Libronix/Logos 3 on a second computer, follow the steps below.

1. Make sure you have a backup of your licenses so that you do not have to re-input all your codes. In your old computer go to Tools > Library Management > Backup Licenses in Libronix and save the license file to a USB drive. If you do not have a USB drive on one of the computers, you can save the file to your C: drive and transfer it to the new computer via email, CD, or any other media.
  2. To install Libronix, click here and follow steps 1 & 2 on that page.  
  3. Once Libronix is installed go to Tools > Library Management > Restore Licenses and navigate to your Libronix Licenses Backup file to restore your licenses on the new computer.
  4. Copy the books on each disc through Tools > Library Management > Location Manager, starting with the newest discs first.

Transferring Workspaces, Custom Toolbars, Annotations etc.

If you have created any custom items in Libronix you can transfer these from one computer to another.

1. Navigate to My Documents
  2. Copy the Libronix DLS folder to a form of removable media (USB drive, memory stick, CD)
  3. On the second computer Paste the Libronix DLS folder into the My Documents. If there is already a Libronix DLS folder you can copy over it.

Uninstalling from your old computer

If you need to uninstall Libronix from your old computer, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in the Windows Control Panel (Start > Control Panel). Then delete the folder C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS.

If you do have any other questions, let me know.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 26531
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2010 8:35 PM

Transferring Preferences is also possible. See http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/specialfolders

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5206
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2010 8:55 PM

Since I will need to do this at some point, I'm tagging this thread...thanks for the info.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:52 AM

Hi Deborah

Many thanks for your help with transferring Logos 3. The steps you set out are simple, straightforward & easy to follow. I was able to do what you recommended and I'm almost there as I have quite a lot of stuff to move. The next thing I want to do is move Logos 4. That's for another day. Thanks again and do keep up the good work.

Kind regards

Gerald

Posts 26531
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2010 10:18 PM

Gerald Rodgers:
The next thing I want to do is move Logos 4. That's for another day.

For a reference mark http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 12:48 AM

Hi Folks

Got Logos 3 transferred but am missing my Personal Book Builder which hasn't transferred even though I have transferred my licences.

Also I notice that when I try to contact Logos to update my address etc I get an error message saying I need to go online but I'm already online so what might the problem be?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards

Gerald

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:03 AM

Gerald Rodgers:

Hi Folks

Got Logos 3 transferred but am missing my Personal Book Builder which hasn't transferred even though I have transferred my licences.

Also I notice that when I try to contact Logos to update my address etc I get an error message saying I need to go online but I'm already online so what might the problem be?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards

Gerald

Gerald,

To get Personal Book Builder on your computer, there is one additional step that needs to be completed, as listed on the Personal Book Builder page on our website, here. To install the final step, click here and an update window will appear. Once the update window appears, click Update and that will install the necessary Personal Book Builder files on your computer.

In regards to the error that you were getting, I will need to know the specific error number that you were getting. This is because the steps we take to fix the error are dependent on the error number you got on your machine while trying to run the update. Once I hear back from you with the error number that you were getting I can look into the steps for how to get the error taken care of.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 10:59 AM

Hi Deborah

Thanks for your help. Got PBB restored OK. About the error messages. First of all neither contain any number. The first showed when I tried to do a Libronix update. The error message simply said: "There was an error initialising Libronix Update".

The second error message appeared when I tried to use Account Management to update my contact details by means of the internet button. This time a TIP appeared saying "You must be connected to the internet for this action to succeed. Check your internet connection & try again". The problem is that I'm already connected to the Internet.

Is there an answer please? Thanks, Gerald  

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:03 PM

Gerald Rodgers:

Hi Deborah

Thanks for your help. Got PBB restored OK. About the error messages. First of all neither contain any number. The first showed when I tried to do a Libronix update. The error message simply said: "There was an error initialising Libronix Update".

The second error message appeared when I tried to use Account Management to update my contact details by means of the internet button. This time a TIP appeared saying "You must be connected to the internet for this action to succeed. Check your internet connection & try again". The problem is that I'm already connected to the Internet.

Is there an answer please? Thanks, Gerald  

Gerald,

Glad the PBB's are working for you. Many times when you are getting the message saying that you need to connect to the internet (even though you are connected) could also be because you are using a wireless connection to connect to the internet. There are a few things that we can do to get the update working on your computer. First, click here and run the update that appears. If that update does not work, temporarily disable Internet security software, such as firewalls, and try the Libronix Update again. However if that does not work, try and delete your temporary internet files:

• Internet Explorer 6 -- click on Start | Control Panel | Internet Options (or open IE 6 and go to Tools | Internet Options). On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click on the Delete Files button, check the Delete all offline content box, and click OK. When complete, click OK to exit.
  • Internet Explorer 7 -- click on Start | Control Panel | Internet Options (or open IE 7 and go to Tools | Internet Options). On the General tab, under Browsing history, click on Delete, then click on Delete files (Temporary Internet Files), and click Yes. Click Close and OK to exit.
  • Internet Explorer 8 -- click on Start | Control Panel | Internet Options (or open IE 8 and go to Tools | Internet Options). On the General tab, under Browsing history, click on Delete. Checkmark only “Temporary Internet Files” and then click on Delete. Click OK to exit.

Once you have deleted your temporary internet files, try to run the Libronix update again & see if that works. If that does not work, I'd recommend calling our Customer Support team as they will be able to look into this more for you.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 4:54 AM

Webmaster, we're getting SPAM.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 4:59 AM

Don:

Webmaster, we're getting SPAM.

On the green MORE button you can "Report Abuse," It's the best way to flag content as spam, I went ahead and did it in this case.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 5:11 AM

Thanks. I learned something new today.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS