Interlinear function not available in English bibles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Randy Missildine | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:55 AM

I am a Wordsearch user who is migrating to Logos. I've watched some of the training videos, specifically on how to use the reverse interlinear function. The example used in the video is the ESV. However, when I open my migrated copy of the ESV the interlinear tab does not appear. The same is true for my HCSB, ASV(1901), and CSB. The video indicated that "virtually any" Bible would have this capability. I do see it in the KJV(1900) and the LEB, but the ESV is my primary study Bible and I would really like the feature available. 

Is it because these Bibles were purchased in WORDSearch? Will I have to repurchase them in order for the reverse interlinear to work?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Posts 8890
LogosEmployee

It's because the Bible and its Reverse Interlinear are sold separately. The import of your library from Wordsearch only included Bibles.

The good news is that you can get a (temporary) license for most of these resources for free by "purchasing" Logos Basic: https://www.logos.com/basic 

It includes RIs for ESV, NASB, NIV, etc. and will enable that functionality in those Bibles if you own them.

Posts 1750
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:14 AM

This reverse interlinear functionality is not from the Bible resource itself, but rather the reverse interlinear dataset associated with it. The ESV reverse interlinear is included in many logos packages. It is even included as a purchase in Fundamentals, and as a free rental in Basic, so it is probably in all of them.

Assuming you have one of the above, I would try typing "reindex ESV" in the command box to force the application to reindex it. This will make the indexer re-read the ESV, hopefully letting it tie in the Reverse Interlinear.

And if you don't have one of the above, "buy" the free Logos 8 Basic.

Edit: I see you have an official Faithlife response. Follow Bradley's advice.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS