Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Randy Missildine | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:15 AM

First let me offer my thanks to you for this massive undertaking. I know it must be a great challenge.

I am wondering for the Complete Biblical Library if the included interlinear will be made available and if so will it function as it does in WORDSearch? In WORDSearch, I am able to open that interlinear, click on the number above the Greek or Hebrew word and have that entry open in the corresponding original language dictionary included in the Complete Biblical Library.

I see in the WORDSearch Catalog page the Complete Biblical Library entries, but do not see the interlinear.

If it is not to be included, will any of the other interlinears be "connected" to the lexicons provided with the Complete Biblical Library? I appreciate the thoroughness of the CBL lexicons and have grown used to using it over the years. In fact, it was for the CBL that I originally purchased WORDSearch and I really hope and pray that the functionality is brought over to Logos.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 8:31 AM

Randy Missildine:

First let me offer my thanks to you for this massive undertaking. I know it must be a great challenge.

I am wondering for the Complete Biblical Library if the included interlinear will be made available and if so will it function as it does in WORDSearch? In WORDSearch, I am able to open that interlinear, click on the number above the Greek or Hebrew word and have that entry open in the corresponding original language dictionary included in the Complete Biblical Library.

I see in the WORDSearch Catalog page the Complete Biblical Library entries, but do not see the interlinear.

If it is not to be included, will any of the other interlinears be "connected" to the lexicons provided with the Complete Biblical Library? I appreciate the thoroughness of the CBL lexicons and have grown used to using it over the years. In fact, it was for the CBL that I originally purchased WORDSearch and I really hope and pray that the functionality is brought over to Logos.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

The interlinears in Logos are not separate resources but datasets you can access from the resources. FL has indicated they plan to bring everything over an make it fully functional so I would not worry about it. May take some time, but they will do it. I am sure an someone from FL will weigh in on this shortly with more information. They are really good at what they do and know the importance of the functionality of this resource.

Carla

Posts 5
Randy Missildine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 8:34 AM
Thank you. I'll be on the lookout for it to happen.
Posts 18789
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:55 PM

Randy Missildine:
if so will it function as it does in WORDSearch? In WORDSearch, I am able to open that interlinear, click on the number above the Greek or Hebrew word and have that entry open in the corresponding original language dictionary included in the Complete Biblical Library.

Thankful for Logos 8 Fundamentals including Bible Word Study Panel Linking so linking Lexicon(s) with Bible(s) allows English word in Reverse Interlinear Bible to be clicked, which causes Lexicon location change to Greek lemma. Same click can also refresh Information Tool (settings for Information has refresh choice of click OR hover)

Screen shot shows one of the Lexicons from Faithlife that does not have Strong's numbering while does have Greek Headword (lemma) indexing. Integration of Reverse Interlinear with Bible text allows visual filter highlighting of Logos Greek Morphology to appear on associated English words. Logos Wiki Extended Tips for Highlighting and Visual Filters includes:

Thankful for free Logos 8 Basic & Verbum 8 Basic including two Reverse Interlinear Bibles: King James Version (1900) and Lexham English Bible (LEB) so can use Logos Greek Morphology visual filters (free to copy into your installation).

Original language linking in Logos & Verbum uses lemma (dictionary form of words), which is useful for lemma's in non-Biblical resources. For example, Traveler in Didache 12.2 translates παρόδιός that has a Greek headword entry in A Greek–English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed. (BDAG). Strong's numbering does not group related Greek words (nouns, verbs, ...), but Logos & Verbum have Greek root that can be searched to find related words: e.g. <Root = lbs/el/χαιρω>

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Anthony Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 11:51 AM

Randy, like you, I purchased WORDSearch for its Complete Biblical Library (CBL). And, like you, I really like CBL's Greek/Hebrew dictionaries and how they work with CBL's interlinear.

I have to admit, I was really disappointed when I found out that LifeWay had sold its platform to FaithLife. I've owned both Logos Sliver and WORDSearch for many years now, and I hardly ever logged into Logos. Unfortunately for me, until CBL's interlinear and dictionaries work in Logos similarly to how they worked in WORDSearch, I will continue to be gravely disappointed.

I hope FaithLife surprises me.

AR   

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS