Logos 9 Upgrade and Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:21 PM

I have never uploaded my personal books.  When I upgrade to Logos 9, will that have any impact on the numerous personal books on my Logos Desktop?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 180
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:48 PM

Mike Childs:

I have never uploaded my personal books.  When I upgrade to Logos 9, will that have any impact on the numerous personal books on my Logos Desktop?

Upgrading has never affected my personal books. The books in your library are built from your word documents. As long as the word documents are saved and backed up they are safe. However, if you ever have to uninstall and re-install for whatever reason, a new computer, etc., then having them uploaded will allow them to download with all the rest of your library and you will not have to re-build all your books.

Hope that helps, Carla

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:19 PM

Thank you.  I thought that was what I remembered.  I will have to upload them, but it will take a while.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 29247
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:20 PM

The update to L9 should simply be an “in place” update where the new engine overwrites and replaced the old one... the resource files stay put. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19147
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 9:29 PM

cshover8669:
However, if you ever have to uninstall and re-install for whatever reason, a new computer, etc., then having them uploaded will allow them to download with all the rest of your library and you will not have to re-build all your books.

Personally have experienced uploading Personal Books (PB) causing PB indexing to be silently disabled by metadata updating => Bug: 7.2 RC 3 Regression: Personal Book Discourse Glossary so use scan command to copy compiled *.lbspbb resources into new installation(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS