Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Jerol | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:57 AM

Transferring from wordSearch – I have successfully entered into a collection called “top Bibles” and have prioritized my list of Bibles. I can just click on the //, i.e., “parallel sets.” It is working perfectly, Ok, my friends, here’s my problem. I want to do the same thing with a list of commentary sets. Information I have found indicates that commentaries can be prioritized, but try as I will, I can't get it done. What am I missing?

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:41 AM

Does the information at https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing help?

Posts 13
Jerol | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 12:41 PM

Thanks, Graham, but no. 

I’ll be more specific as to what I want. I’m using 3 panels, Bibles on the left, commentaries and dictionaries on the right, upper and lower. I would like to be able to click on either “parallel resource sets” or “multiple resources display” where I could choose from a prioritized list of commentaries series, for example, say, UTBC, NAC, or Tyndale Commentary, etc., etc. Once I get one up, such commentaries, if linked, will find the proper passage.

That’s my question – can I do that?

Posts 2261
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:37 PM

Can you open the commentaries you like (each in their own tab but all in the same panel) then assign all (commentaries & source Bible) to the same link set. Then you could click on each tab as you want it and it will already be open to the text selected in your source Bible?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2434
LogosEmployee

Create a collection using the Collections tool that contains your commentaries. Then check the "Show in parallel resources" box on the collection. That will make it show up in "parallel resource sets".

Check the help file for details.

Posts 13
Jerol | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 10:57 AM

Thanks David, but that sounds like I’m linking commentaries to specific Bibles. But I want the link them no matter which translation I am using. I’ll keep working on it – maybe shortcuts is the answer.

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:05 AM

Jerol - does Andrew's suggestion work for you?

Posts 4
Jamaral Gilchrist | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:35 PM

I am having a hard time making search collections. I really wish the collections were like WORDSearch collections.  Any suggestions?

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 3:25 PM

Hi Jamaral

Sorry to hear you are having problems - but I’m afraid I don’t know how WORDSearch collections operate.

I recommend starting a new thread in the Logos 8 https://community.logos.com/forums/147.aspx or Logos 9 https://community.logos.com/forums/155.aspx  forum and explain what you are trying to do and the problems you are having.

We’ll see what we can do to help

Graham

Posts 5087
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:34 AM

Jerol:

Thanks, Graham, but no. 

I’ll be more specific as to what I want. I’m using 3 panels, Bibles on the left, commentaries and dictionaries on the right, upper and lower. I would like to be able to click on either “parallel resource sets” or “multiple resources display” where I could choose from a prioritized list of commentaries series, for example, say, UTBC, NAC, or Tyndale Commentary, etc., etc. Once I get one up, such commentaries, if linked, will find the proper passage.

That’s my question – can I do that?

I wonder, Jerol, if being wedded to your layout is constricting you. For what you want to achieve, if I have understood your requirements, the 'Passage Guide' would be appropriate.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3347
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:41 AM

best Way for me is to create your own Commentary Guide and link him to your Bible

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS