Your Feedback on 9.2 and Beyond

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2089
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 1:24 PM

We're thrilled so many of you love Logos 9. We're hard at work making it even better, and we'd love your feedback on some of the things we're considering for upcoming 9.x releases. (For those of you who are newer, we generally ship a new point release every six weeks.)

Please review this list and vote on anything you'd really like to see us prioritize over the next 3–6 months. This isn't everything we're considering. It's just some of the major themes I've seen bubble up so far through a variety of channels. We probably won't be able to get to all of this, so we want to make sure we're solving the most important problems first.

Item Area Platform
Toggle dark mode without restarting Dark Mode D
Add click setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add data setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add lemma data to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add underline style setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Toggle Factbook visual filter on/off for all Bibles at once Factbook D
Add Preaching Mode to Windows Preaching Mode D/W
Automatic slide advancing in Preaching Mode Preaching Mode D/W/M
Bring Sermon Builder to the mobile app Sermon Builder M
Import third-party sermon documents into Sermon Manager Sermon Builder D/W
More control over Bible text in Sermon Builder Sermon Builder D/W
Add international holiday calendars to Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Add print/export to Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Bring Sermon Manager to the mobile app Sermon Manager M
Import sermon spreadsheet into Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Improve sharing/collaboration in Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Show holidays for the week in Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Drag and drop for Shortcut folders Shortcuts D

If there's anything else that you consider critical, please mention it below and include a link to the Faithlife Feedback suggestion.

Thanks for engaging with us and helping us improve our products!

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:09 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Please review this list and vote on anything you'd really like to see us prioritize over the next 3–6 months.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to influence the priority of these projects! Yes I've placed my votes.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:32 PM

I can't get the feedback forums to load. They start to show up and then everything goes blank. I even killed my firewall to no avail

Edit :remedied by logging in with social media, apparently logging in with was bugging it out on me

Posts 239
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:35 PM

Ability to drag and drop items into a folder rather than right clicking then typing in the name of the folder.  It'd be more intuitive to just drag and drop.  Also right clicking on the toolbar to create a new folder would be more intuitive as well.

Allow folders to represented as an icon and show the name when hovering over like a resource to save on space.

Further improve/expand/fix Dark Mode:

• Allow more options for resource backgrounds.  I'd like an option for a pure black background and not just dark gray. 
  • Custom highlights with light backgrounds are currently unusable.  The light gray text is illegible when using light backgrounds.  This has been an issue for several versions.  Dark Mode just exacerbated the issue.  What I mean by that is the stock solid color options work just fine, but selecting the closest color available in the custom pallet does not result in the same behavior.  You can test this out by selecting the blue, yellow, and green colors in the custom palette the most closely matches the blue, yellow, and green in the solid color palette.  You'll see that the dark mode behavior is vastly different.

This is a mockup for a black background:

Posts 1029
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:38 PM

The citations app is frustrating.  I don' t know how it could have gone this long without fixing it.

The app has Logos cite the source when you copy and paste from a resource to another document.

It also takes every abbreviation found in the text and explains it in a footnote type of layout.

i.e. no footnote numbers but it gives line after line of explanations of the abbreviations in the footer of the page.  

Why? 

This needs to be separated into two separate functions.  One for the source citation and one for abbreviations, if anyone actually wants to use that.

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 3:23 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
If there's anything else that you consider critical, please mention it below and include a link to the Faithlife Feedback suggestion.

When opening a resource in a blank layout, let us have it open on the LEFT: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/843

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 1866
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 3:38 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Allowing the same resource backgrounds in dark mode that are available in light mode (White, gray, light gray, paper...):

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/789

Posts 115
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 3:49 PM

This may be the wrong place to mention this, and I do apologize, but I wish some of the guides/tools could be sold indiviudally (Lemma in Passage). I have been with Logos since 2.1. I have 5000+ books. I honestly do not need many of the tools bundled together. But I am very pleased with version 9 bundles and dynamic pricing.

Posts 979
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:16 PM

The Flanary's:

I can't get the feedback forums to load. They start to show up and then everything goes blank. I even killed my firewall to no avail

Edit :remedied by logging in with social media, apparently logging in with was bugging it out on me

It works fine for me logging in with my email. Weird.

Posts 2805
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:27 PM

Give the WordSearch people their Zipscript feature Big Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 2757
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:51 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I assume that means being able to load  non Logos sermons, now in, for example, docx format, into Sermon Manager or can that already be done?

[[Have not "played" with that toy yet.]]

I think this person is asking the same question:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195531/1130635.aspx#1130635 

Posts 83
RHC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:14 PM

I posted about this earlier in the week, but I'll mention it again to try to get more votes. Please modify Concordance or Word List so that it's possible to export a list of Greek/Hebrew words for a given passage with the following information in 4 columns:
1. lemma
2. lemma gloss/definition
3. root
4. root gloss/definition

It would be great if we could also export this 4 column list such that the 4 columns are grouped under the root for each lemma

Please vote for this feature at  https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/816

Posts 7871
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:04 PM

Make Biblical People diagrams visible when using Dark Mode.  You see the cartoon/figure but you can’t read the name underneath.

DAL

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 8:31 PM

I'm surprised tables in notes isn't on the list as it already has quite a bit of support https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/72 

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2089
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:05 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I'm surprised tables in notes isn't on the list as it already has quite a bit of support https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/72 

It's something I'm looking into, but I want to keep most of the focus for now on improving the Logos 9 experience. It's possible we could get to that, too. But I want to double down on the new and improved features first.

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:09 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
It's possible we could get to that, too. But I want to double down on the new and improved features first.
That makes sense.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1496
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:13 PM

Corresponding highlights on mobile devices. Logos 8 feature was never finished 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:19 PM

To be honest this list is a big miss for me, I don't care for Dark Mode and have no use for Sermon Builder or Sermon Manger which seems to the your major focus with a little bit of tweaking to Factbook experience thrown into the mix - And I undestand why it is a focus just giving my honest feedback on what I consider critical to how I use the software.

Don't get me wrong though Phil, there is lots to like about Logos 9, the team has done a good job this time around. Somehow though Sean's team needs to get better support to have more tagging done at release that supports new features. They do a fantasic job with what they have and the time frames that have to do things. So what i want most if for tagging work to be given  priority if at all possible.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We're thrilled so many of you love Logos 9. We're hard at work making it even better, and we'd love your feedback on some of the things we're considering for upcoming 9.x releases. (For those of you who are newer, we generally ship a new point release every six weeks.)

Please review this list and vote on anything you'd really like to see us prioritize over the next 3–6 months. This isn't everything we're considering. It's just some of the major themes I've seen bubble up so far through a variety of channels. We probably won't be able to get to all of this, so we want to make sure we're solving the most important problems first.

Item Area Platform
Toggle dark mode without restarting Dark Mode D
Add click setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add data setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add lemma data to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Add underline style setting to Factbook visual filter Factbook D
Toggle Factbook visual filter on/off for all Bibles at once Factbook D
Add Preaching Mode to Windows Preaching Mode D/W
Automatic slide advancing in Preaching Mode Preaching Mode D/W/M
Bring Sermon Builder to the mobile app Sermon Builder M
Import third-party sermon documents into Sermon Manager Sermon Builder D/W
More control over Bible text in Sermon Builder Sermon Builder D/W
Add international holiday calendars to Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Add print/export to Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Bring Sermon Manager to the mobile app Sermon Manager M
Import sermon spreadsheet into Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Improve sharing/collaboration in Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Show holidays for the week in Sermon Manager Sermon Manager D/W
Drag and drop for Shortcut folders Shortcuts D

Thanks for engaging with us and helping us improve our products!

Posts 31366
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:24 AM

DIsciple II:
with a little bit of tweaking to Factbook experience thrown into the mix

I rarely consider your statements flat out wrong but this time I do. Why?

• I don't think making the Figurative Language dataset usable with  Factbook entries such as Figurative Language Related to Abraham tweaking.
  • I don't think of providing a list of authors (with works in Logos) associated with a denomination tweaking.
  • I don't think of providing a unified interface to linguistic terminology tweaking
  • I do think of adding disambiguation pages as tweaking
  • I do think of adding Key Articles as tweaking
  • I do think of the Passages/Key Passages conversion as tweaking

I think three samples of each is sufficient to illustrate my view.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS