Your Feedback on 9.2 and Beyond

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:35 AM

MJ I was referring to Factbook integration with the interface.  What you refer to here is what I would say falls under tagging work that Sean and his team need more support to get done because I don’t know how to explain in the way you do.  You are more in touch with details of this stuff than I am so no offence taken at your re-buff, we both want the same things, you are better at explaining  it than I ever will be. 

MJ. Smith:

DIsciple II:
with a little bit of tweaking to Factbook experience thrown into the mix

I rarely consider your statements flat out wrong but this time I do. Why?

• I don't think making the Figurative Language dataset usable with  Factbook entries such as Figurative Language Related to Abraham tweaking.
  • I don't think of providing a list of authors (with works in Logos) associated with a denomination tweaking.
  • I don't think of providing a unified interface to linguistic terminology tweaking
  • I do think of adding disambiguation pages as tweaking
  • I do think of adding Key Articles as tweaking
  • I do think of the Passages/Key Passages conversion as tweaking

I think three samples of each is sufficient to illustrate my view.

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:21 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

If there's anything else that you consider critical, please mention it below and include a link to the Faithlife Feedback suggestion.

It would be great if Factbook had a "Collapse All" option, like the guides.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/885

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:50 AM

Also, how about a live Word Count in the Sermon Editor? That would save me having to copy and paste the text into BBEdit or Word to get an idea of my manuscript length.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/886

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:55 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:

Also, how about a live Word Count in the Sermon Editor? That would save me having to copy and paste the text into BBEdit or Word to get an idea of my manuscript length.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/886

This already exists. Just go into the info panel on your sermon.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 292
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:34 AM

Fix keyboard Shortcuts in editors!

In the sermon and notes editor the keyboard shortcuts don't all work, at least on Mac... I am not sure about Windows. 

Cmd+. Doesn't make a bulleted list.

Cmd+/ Doesn't make a numbered list. 

Some shortcuts work and many don't. Logos support says they should work.

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016370932-Keyboard-Shortcuts 

I posted this: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/889 

Posts 292
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:57 AM

Images in notes not working at all on Mac... at least not for me and I have the newest high powered Mac. Trying to insert images function is full of bugs... not at all ready for Prime Time! I have tried using both Faithlife images and Unsplash but no images are making it into my notes. 

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/40 

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:13 AM

Michael:

Ability to drag and drop items into a folder rather than right clicking then typing in the name of the folder.  It'd be more intuitive to just drag and drop.  Also right clicking on the toolbar to create a new folder would be more intuitive as well.

Allow folders to represented as an icon and show the name when hovering over like a resource to save on space.

Most definitely these are top priorities for me (especially the icon).

Also with the drag and drop, don't forget the drag OUT of the folder. I even noticed that Mo Proctor in his webinar video, tried this by force of habit, and it didn't work so he ended up having to click to open and then drag the resulting panel!!

I'd also like the Logos Icon in the tool bar to become the home button.

I have a small screen on my laptop and space is a premium for me!

Thanks for asking.

Posts 11530
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 1:59 PM

MWW:
Images in notes not working at all on Mac... at least not for me and I have the newest high powered Mac.

Hm. Maybe you could share some more info? I have only a not-so-new and not-so-high powered Win10 machine and it works like a charm:

maybe it's your internet connection? Obviously this feature lives in the cloud.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 108
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:54 PM

I cannot imagine switching between dark mode and light mode often enough for resetting it to be worth much time at all. Adding more details to the Factbook visual filter is key for me because, in my opinion, that is the killer feature for new users to see the power of Logos, comparable to the quick start layouts we got in 8. I do wish it were less cluttered, like a toggle option to only show the first time a unique tag occurs in a pericope. But that is just nit picking. 

Posts 1029
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:40 PM

Let me say first that I am enormously grateful that Logos added authors and series titles to the commentaries, even though I spent months doing it myself.

It seems that Logos has now locked these new titles so that they cannot be changed by the user.

I would like the ability to continue being able to modify book titles.

Why?

I have at least one title that runs off the page, so I don't know who the author is.  With that title, I can think of half a dozen possible authors.

Also, many abbreviations are not immediately apparent to me.  BKC, NTTTC, GNTC, ACNT.  I'm others feel the same.

No big thing though.

Thank you

Posts 292
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 5:14 PM

NB.Mick:
Hm. Maybe you could share some more info? I have only a not-so-new and not-so-high powered Win10 machine and it works like a charm:

I just tried it again and putting images into a note seems to be working now. Last night images were hanging and not being inserted no matter how many times or where I was getting them from. I tried images from Faithlife Study Bible, images from my hard drive and images from Unsplash. I tried putting images both into notes and into the Sermon Builder and neither was working. Perhaps it was my internet connection but I didn't notice a problem with anything else I was doing, including watching some MP seminars training videos on using images in notes. I wonder if it could have been a problem with Faithlife's servers being taxed at the time? I did restart Logos today, so maybe that could have been an issue too?

Posts 4843
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 5:39 PM

Larry Craig:
It seems that Logos has now locked these new titles so that they cannot be changed by the user.

You can still edit them in the Library pane as before.

Larry Craig:
Also, many abbreviations are not immediately apparent to me.  BKC, NTTTC, GNTC, ACNT.  I'm others feel the same.

If you customize the series name in the Library pane, that custom series name will trump the abbreviated series, which is what's giving you BKC, ACNT, etc.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 1029
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:48 PM

I had edited all the commentary titles.  When I open the information panel, it shows my edited titles but still shows the new title.  So if the new titles show up, and my information panel has my versions of the titles, how can I change them?

Posts 4843
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:48 PM

Larry Craig:
When I open the information panel, it shows my edited titles but still shows the new title.

What still shows the new title? If you edit the original title, you won't see it anymore in the information panel (except in the bibliographic data).

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 1029
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:04 PM

The library shows all the titles that I created.  the information panel shows the titles I created.  The passage guide does not.

How can I change the titles, when every way I can change them already shows that I have?

Posts 26391
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 7:48 PM

Larry Craig:

The library shows all the titles that I created.  the information panel shows the titles I created.  The passage guide does not.

How can I change the titles, when every way I can change them already shows that I have?

A little late on this one.

The Guide will show Series names in preference to titles or abbreviated titles. If there is no series name it will prefer abbreviated titles e.g. BKC. But it will also abbreviate a series name e.g. NAC, EBC, TNTC.

So all your work on titles will only bear fruit if a book has no series and you like the abbreviated title (you can change that if you don't like the one assigned by FL). If you don't like the series name, change that (make sure you do it for every volume in the series).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13
Jack M. Tenney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 8:44 PM

Hi all

I am a Wordsearch user now a logos 9 silver user. Really like it. The preaching mode needs to operate in windows without going to a browser. Though I figured out how to preach from the app in sermon builder by going from edit to text and sizing the window and using a mouse. Also touch needs to be present and you need to make a surface pen work in sermon builder as well while its on my mind. I use a surface book 2 while I preach and it works great.

Jack Tenney

JMT

Posts 308
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:44 AM

Would you consider this pretty fundamental challenge with making the text you are studying central in the application? https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195814/1135723.aspx#1135723

Posts 24278
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:47 AM

Jack M. Tenney:
The preaching mode needs to operate in windows without going to a browser.

I recommend adding a vote for this suggestion at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/add-preaching-mode-to-windows 

Posts 1029
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 5:55 AM

Hi Dave

I'm a little unclear on your answer.  

I have commentaries that have revised editions that now show up side by side in the passage guide and I don't know which is which.  The EBC set  has multiple authors per volume and in some cases individual books were revised by the same author and in some cases the books were by different authors.  I had all that in my titles, and that is now gone.

You say I can change the series name?  But I have to change every volume in the set?  And if I don't, it won't take?  The latest volume of the NICOT, they write out the full name of the title instead of an abbreviation.  That takes up the entire space, doesn't finish, no author or book title given.

thank you

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS