Greek Visual Filters help

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 5:38 PM

I am not able to get my visual filters to show up. I am doing a morph filter for Greek work. (certain kind of verbs, preps, etc.)

When I click on the little 3 circle button where you normally apply your filters none of my filters show up.

Not sure what is going on, or why they aren't showing up.

Any ideas?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 6:51 PM

When your visual filter pane is open, does it list on the search line something like all morph text in all passages in esv with logos greek for.  If it does also make sure your are looking in the same Bible you chose for the filter.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 7:24 PM

Another mistake I've made (being that HCSB is my primary translation) is looking for greek morph filters on a bible without the reverse interlinear feature! 

Similarly, if you're working in a greek text that isn't tagged (i.e. if you mouse over the words and it doesn't show the morphology) they won't show up then either (e.g. they will not show on the Comfort and Barrow papyri).

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 7:50 PM

Thanks for all feedback. I"m certain all the settings are resources are correct.

I do notice that some updates downloaded and Logos is indexing. Does visual markup not work during indexing? 

(as I said, I've tried many different resources, ones I use often with visual filters, and I don't even get the check mark boxes to select my visual filters)

Posts 9325
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 8:13 PM

Rick Smith:
Does visual markup not work during indexing?

If Logos is working on your Bible Index it might not show up as the visual filter relies on a search to locate the words it is to highlight.

Check after the indexing is done.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 8:13 PM

Rick Smith:

Thanks for all feedback. I"m certain all the settings are resources are correct.

I do notice that some updates downloaded and Logos is indexing. Does visual markup not work during indexing? 

(as I said, I've tried many different resources, ones I use often with visual filters, and I don't even get the check mark boxes to select my visual filters)

Yes visual filters are affected by indexing (I've noticed it on my machine, at least).

If you continue to have problems after indexing is complete, it would be helpful to see a screen shot of you visual filter, and the name of the resource in which you expect to see a result. This could help us narrow down the issue, as there are a number of variables in play with visual filters. (Note also that there is more than one scheme for visual filters, and what works in a Greek text may not work in a reverse interlinear (and vice versa).)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 132
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:20 PM

One comment made is similiar to what I experience.  If I buld a visual filter in ESV, it does not show up when I use the NKJV.  DO I have to re-create visual filters for every resporce taht they can be used in?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:28 PM

Donald McNeeley:

One comment made is similiar to what I experience.  If I buld a visual filter in ESV, it does not show up when I use the NKJV.  DO I have to re-create visual filters for every resporce taht they can be used in?

You can use visual filters across different resources. The details vary between Basic, Bible, and Morph VFs. I will assume that you are doing a Morph VF. First, you must make certain that the morphology scheme is the same between the two resources. i.e. a Gramcord VF will not work on a Logos Greek Morph resource. I recommend using the Logos Greek morph for the NT and Andersen Forbes for the OT because those are the most widely deployed mophologies. Second, make certain that you have selected "All resources" instead of a specific resource if you want it to apply across different Bibles.

Finally (and what's probably the issue) you will need to enable the Visual filter (tri-circle button) in the book you want to see it. I have a Greek morphology coloring scheme that's based off the Logos Greek Morphology and I can use it in any of the RI New Testaments, the NA27, Philo etc.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:30 PM

You can create a collection of Bibles you want the visual filters to show up in and select that collection when you create the visual filter.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS