ESV Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Peter Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:19 PM

Is there any difference between the built-in reverse interlinear which came with my Logos base package for the ESV, and the one for sale at https://www.logos.com/product/154150/the-english-standard-version-with-reverse-interlinear?

The link seems to correspond to a book Logos and Crossway published a few years ago (which I own a copy of), but I can't tell if it adds any extra features of functionality that a Logos base package doesn't have.

Posts 28724
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:33 PM
Peter Chapman:
Is there any difference between the built-in reverse interlinear which came with my Logos base package for the ESV, and the one for sale at https://www.logos.com/product/154150/the-english-standard-version-with-reverse-interlinear?
If it shows that you can purchase it, then assumption is that you dont own it. However, you are suggesting that you do own the reverse interlinear. Do you have a Faithlife Connect subscription? If so, then it is likely that you dont own this resource, but you have access to it through your subscription. If that isn't the case, troubleshooting would be needed to figure out what is going on.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Peter Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:47 PM

No, I don't have Faithlife Connect, but I did trial it once.

It shows that I can purchase it (with a discount for products I already own).

If it added one or two of the features that the printed edition had (such as showing where the ESV translators used their own variant selection over the NA27), then I see the value in it, but it is hard to tell what this adds over the reverse interlinear functionality I already have.

Posts 1750
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:12 PM

Do you have Logos 8 Basic? If so, you have a free "rental" of the Reverse Interlinear, but you technically do not own it, and so would be able to purchase it. But it wouldn't really do anything for you as long as Basic keeps on renewing.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 4
Peter Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:16 PM

No, I have Logos 9 Academic Professional, but your renting reference makes sense (I had Logos 8 Basic previously).

Posts 2241
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:36 PM

Peter Chapman:
had Logos 8 Basic previously).

Logos 8 basic never went away, your L9 Academic adds to the package(s) you previously owned. 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS