Who is Jason Mayfield?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5532
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:01 PM

There's some guy called Jason Mayfield if i got it right on the Logos site do an video of what's new in Logos 9. Who is he ? I'm finding the presentation style a little bit offputting and thus making the video hard to watch and take in what he is talking about. Maybe the video was shot with the sound too loud. Normally with Morris Procter as a presenter I find have to speed up his training videos because he talks a bit to slow, but this one probably needs slowing down a tad. But I have to turn the sound down on this one, normally its the opposite. Maybe is a generational thing and this guy appeals to a younger audience. Just hope this is not the future direction of Logos Training Videos and the type of presenter being used.  I don't know a thing about this guy, I'm sure he is a nice person but just not connecting with him as a presenter.

Posts 104
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:19 PM

I know him as a Youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZ-tAyrBQdrQiEh2XKbRwQ

Posts 5532
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:23 PM

Darrell Tan:

If he's a Youtuber that would explain why I don't connect with him.

Posts 1046
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 1:57 AM

Darrell Tan:

Looks like an interesting guy.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:13 AM

I couldn‘t put up with his style either. I don’t know if that’s because of my age, or because I’m British. Or perhaps I’m just grumpy! Logos’ YouTube channel has a series of mini tutorials on each of the new features which are much more watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXkjd_l1xkSSUMKcG008D9NAcLTaxA2Qc

Posts 2757
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:15 AM

Mark Barnes:

I couldn‘t put up with his style either. I don’t know if that’s because of my age,

I think that it could be our age.  Maybe Logos 10 will ask our age then show an age aproape video 

[[Jason: If you see this don't get too upset we are just not your target audience]]  

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:00 AM

I have seen him before, but he seems to be for the younger audience.

I did like Danny Zacharias though on YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4JeCxH74BM&feature=emb_logo]

By the way, welcome [back] Mark. Have not heard much from you for a long time! Hope all is going well.

James

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:13 AM

James Hudson:
I did like Danny Zacharias

Danny's great. More Danny!

(I bought his Udemy course about Logos and it is superb.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 5532
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:42 AM

Danny does a great jon in the latest iteration of How to Use Greek in Logos video set brought out last year or maybe early this year tbe lines are blurred on recent times for me. Danny is not a professional YouTuber trying to build a following but someone who happens to use that platform amongst others like Udemy to reach those who want to know the Word better through the study if his area of expertise - Greek. if he’s available to do more with FL without taking him away from his primary teaching role then yes more of Danny Z. would be a good thing.

Doc B:

James Hudson:
I did like Danny Zacharias

Danny's great. More Danny!

(I bought his Udemy course about Logos and it is superb.)

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

I couldn‘t put up with his style either. I don’t know if that’s because of my age, or because I’m British. Or perhaps I’m just grumpy! Logos’ YouTube channel has a series of mini tutorials on each of the new features which are much more watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXkjd_l1xkSSUMKcG008D9NAcLTaxA2Qc

You forgot about the haircut !!!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS