Adding other texts to search results (by series or collection?)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Jim Darlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:43 PM

Is there a way to add "versions" to search results based on corpus (either series, or even defined by collection)?

For instance, in the screenshot linked below, I have search results for ἄβυσσος in Greek Classics. Is there a way to display all of the appropriate English translations next to the Greek text?

Screenshot-5

Posts 38
Jim Darlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:46 PM

Of course, this can be done text by text, but it would be helpful to have the ability to automatically have the English translations available in the Perseus collection available in the search results.

Posts 2498
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:00 PM

See where it shows "Add Versions". If you click that and then see if the english version is available. You can add as many versions as you want.

I do not have Peruses, but here is a screen shot of Josephus:

Posts 38
Jim Darlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:59 PM

I'm aware of that option, John. My request has to do with the "textual searches" that are automatically performed on things like the LXX, NT, Apostolic Fathers, Philo, and Josephus but with varied authors or corpora (e.g., Pseudepigrapha or Greek Classics).

If you click the "Greek Classics" link in the Bible Word Study "Textual Searches" section for ἄβυσσος, you are taken to a list of search hits that spans multiple works by multiple authors. See below, where hitting the Greek Classics link brings up hits from Plutarch, Aristophanes, and Strabo (among others):

Screenshot-logos

I am interested in a way to use the "+ Add Versions" tool to automatically produce English translations for a set of hits from varied works or authors.

Posts 8978
LogosEmployee

You can add English translations (that are indexed by the same data types) one-at-a-time, but this will add multiple (mostly blank) columns to the right. There is currently no way to add a "dynamic" second column that shows the top English translation from across your Library.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS