How large is your library?

Page 2 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9530
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:02 PM

Mike Binks:
Make sure one knows who one's library is to be bequeathed to and make sure that information is recorded in one's will.

Excellent advice. Some libraries would be valued at more than the price of a new car.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 101
Olli-Pekka Ylisuutari | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:33 PM

Huh?

Logos 9 Anglican Diamond, Logos 9 Lutheran Diamond

Posts 10813
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:05 PM

Mike Binks:
May I appeal to the owners to identify a worthy recipient in the event of the owner being called from this dimension.

My grandson gets all 20,711. There will be more if the Lord chooses to keep me on this planet and as pastor. Some days I feel the tI need an intervention to cure me of this addiction Stick out tongue

Posts 105
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:19 PM

Mike Binks:

I reckon that my library would be about 235 meters long if it was in print.

By Mike's formula (and Wolfram Alpha's handy reference tools), my 19k resource library is 1.4 times the height of the Eiffel tower. 

Posts 4837
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 2:13 PM

I don't know, but it sure takes up a lot less space than my print one.

If I get rid of print books because I now have them in Verbum, does that mean my Verbum library is negative-sized? Stick out tongue

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:00 PM

Mine is just a couple inches wide on an SSD.

Posts 140
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:01 PM

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

13" MBA 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 RAM, 512 SSD

27" iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 RAM, 1TB SATA Disk

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 2084
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:07 PM

I have my will all set up to be able to pass along my library one day.   Our church had 8 regional universities in the USA and in my will my library is to be given to a graduating senior in the religion department of the regional university that is the closest to us, however the religion department decides.   

my library is a little shy of 40,000 books.  

Posts 734
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:26 PM

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 204
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:44 PM

5564 and I have been buying resources for only about 4 years. I downloaded L6 for free in 2014 and didn't start buying anything for about 2 years and finally started out buying small base packages and have finally worked my way up to the Platinum with my L9 upgrade. 

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 3:58 PM

Total of unhidden books: 27,113

And there is no easy way of counting hidden books, but I have thousands of those. I paged down through all my hidden books, counting pages at 7 titles per page and got up to 200 pages worth (1400 titles) and was still in the middle of the A's. I hid nearly all the Perseus titles (>1000) and the Library of Early English History (>25,000) and Library of Early American History (~5000), because they were mostly clutter.

Posts 105
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:00 PM

Rosie Perera:

and the Library of Early English History (>25,000) and Library of Early American History (~5000), because they were mostly clutter.

I had forgotten getting and hiding those. They were a real disappointment. 

Posts 734
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:07 PM

Rosie Perera:

I hid nearly all the Perseus titles 

What many thought was a great idea when first available, turned out to be a nightmare the likes we had not seen before. I'm sure those kept a few customer service people busy taking back those licenses Wink 

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 353
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:12 PM

I too once had the Perseus collection. Rather then spend my time hiding them, when I decided they weren't for me, I called up customer service and they locked them up so I didn't have access to them any more. Problem solved.

Posts 2689
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:48 PM

The resource number is 19,771. Since there are books that have already been paid for and haven't been released yet, that ups it a bit. 

At least what's overdue in my library is not my headacheGeeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:58 PM

Posts 1494
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:43 PM

About 14,000 books

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 329
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:52 PM

14 000 plus Smile

Wish I could backup my  training videos and audio  

Does anybody know the file extension format for video and audio resources?

Mick
Posts 71
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:53 PM

after seeing how many more you guys have, i feel less guilty. mine 3,477.

Posts 78
Eduardo Fergusson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 6:04 PM

I have 3.157 resources english and spanish, I do have more than enough for my needs in ministry, recently I moved to another house, and it's so nice for this library to be digital.... I only have like a couple of hundreds of physical books, and it was too many boxes hahah

Page 2 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS