L9 Libraries include OLD version of TNTC John. Is this correct?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2275
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2020 11:54 AM

The TNTC series is included in the L9 libraries from Bronze and higher. However the Colin Kruse commentary on John is the 2003 version, not the 2017.

I would have hoped that we could get "license included - you will receive when the edition releases" for all of the TNTC that are currently "in production". But excluding a 3 year old edition that is already complete and available (https://www.logos.com/product/144303/john-2nd-ed ) is especially baffling.

I asked this question in Daniel Motley's Facebook live, but it never got answered. At least 2 other viewers commented that they want an answer to this question also.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 308
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:18 PM

Agreed. Would be helpful to have a clear answer. 

Posts 26384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 3:31 AM

David Thomas:
However the Colin Kruse commentary on John is the 2003 version, not the 2017.

Looks like FL want to make money on this one. It's not in the TNTC Collection nor the combined TNTC/TOTC collection, where I can pick up 5 newer commentaries for $28, and three are 2019, with the others being 2018 and 2017.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 21
ElephantMan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 4:32 AM

Perhaps there's not much difference between the 2003 and 2017 versions?

That might explain the slow uptake of the newer version.

Posts 4382
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 6:48 AM

I've also posted about it below.  I watched a Facebook event yesterday and people asked about it but FL offered no answers.  It would be nice if they could either just make a new collection or just offer the missing volume at a discount.  I believe the newer Samuel is also missing

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/190422/1128799.aspx 

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 3:54 PM

They have just added this to the existing collection, it is downloading for me now without any need to order it 

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 4:09 PM

Thanks to all for bringing this up. My copy also downloaded today.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2275
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 5:41 PM

David Thomas:

especially baffling.

I asked this question in Daniel Motley's Facebook live, but it never got answered. At least 2 other viewers commented that they want an answer to this question also.

I want to publicly acknowledge how responsive Daniel Motley was when I emailed him about this issue. While my comment got lost in the Facebook event. Email got a response! Faithlife takes good care of its customer base.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 493
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 5:49 PM

Thank you Faithlife for giving us TNTC John (revised) free...

Posts 57
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 7:11 PM

Nevertheless I bought the Logos 9 Silver, where this commentary is included it not belongs to my library. I would like to know why? What is going on?

https://www.logos.com/product/144303/john-2nd-ed

Posts 11527
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:09 PM

Leo Wee Fah:

Thank you Faithlife for giving us TNTC John (revised) free...

+1

THANKS!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11527
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:15 PM

fr.paul:
I bought the Logos 9 Silver, where this commentary is included it not belongs to my library. I would like to know why? What is going on?

What you saw (or maybe still see) is just the temporary situation while FL was/is working on putting the license into your account - this will change to the usual "you own this resource"-view once they finished and the resource will download to you at no cost. It's just that some of those adjustments are not instantly but take a bit of time, during which the ownership looks inconsistent. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 57
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 1:39 AM

Great! Thank you! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS