Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8
Robert Paul McCloud | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2020 2:07 PM

I took a lot of notes in WordSEARCH, for both personal study (and as a tool for memorizing key points while studying, and prepping for teaching adult classes). This is not a question about when our personal notes will be ported over...it is a question about note taking in Logos as compared to WordSEARCH. I've looked at a couple of Logos videos on the subject of Notes, but honestly, I find it tedious and confusing when compared with taking notes in WordSEARCH, especially with organizing everything. Do any other former WordSEARCH users have the same difficulty getting used to Logos' method, or is it just me? Does anyone have suggestions on how to approach this? For example, I'm studying the book of Revelation and I'm taking notes from multiple sources (such as commentaries), and want to keep everything organized by verse. It seemed quite straightforward in WordSEARCH doing this, but not so in Logos. The list gets so cluttered with highlight lists, general lists, etc. In WordSEARCH, I just would open a window of my personal notes, and it would follow along as I highlighted each verse. Maybe I'm watching the wrong tutorials on this?

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 4:52 PM

I'm former WS. I really think Logos works better but it has a big learning curve. When you add in the ability to toggle them on and off, export to sermon editor and tag them, Logos really pulls ahead quickly.
 The help videos are ok, but it took the 'Quickstart" guide and some webinars for me to really get comfortable.
 I didn't use notes alot in WS12, I took alot, but using them beyond the initial study was a bit tedious other than copy and pasting.

Posts 5173
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 3:19 AM

Greetings Robert,

I am not a great note-taker but I understand that much of the skill in developing an efficient personal technique for using notes depends on what you want to accomplish.

I am not a great note-taker probably because I never worked out sufficiently what I wanted to accomplish. :-)

If you come back to the forum, and we really hope you do, with a more specific request on how a particular workflow scenario can best be put in place there are users here with loads of experience ready to help. 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1
John Barone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 4:48 PM

I am very happy that the notes sync across all devices.  WordSearch notes did not sync to the mobile apps.

Posts 8
Robert Paul McCloud | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 7:39 PM

Hi John. You made a good point, and helped remind me that I need to focus on the positive side, the good things about notes in Logos. I found the notes I made the other night on my laptop on my iPad Logos app! Another good thing: we can change the text size using the font slide bar; I ALWAYS hated the font size of notes in WordSearch, They were very small on screen, we had no real control over it. I guess I'm an old dog having trouble learning new tricks! I'm finding the key to creating notes in Logos is that I must take some thought and care organizing creating and naming notebooks, I need to have some type of method for categories and not just throw notes all over the place. That's where I created a problem for myself. 

Posts 5173
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 12:07 AM

Robert Paul McCloud:
I must take some thought and care organizing creating and naming notebooks,

Don't forget that the facet filter can help you quite a lot with this even if you do just throw notes about.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 4:15 AM

This might help you

any Note you create in the Bible you see in any Book witch talk about this Passage, Word aso. Any Note in a Commentary you can put in your Notefile. Seperate the Highlight and put it in a different Notebook so you can turn them of without turn your Notes of. And don't forget you can export it to Waord and make a Personal Book from it...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS