Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 321
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2020 7:56 AM

Perhaps I am missing something, but I have a question or a concern.

You would think that when you took a Greek word from the NA28 and asked it to run a factbook search on a Greek lemma that it would return a result from the Lexham Research Lexicon, New Testament, but instead it beings back an article from the Lexham Research Lexicon, Septuagint.

Now, I understand that the LXX is the Greek translation of the OT; however, when I am running a Greek word, one would think that it would give articles from a Greek resource.

Ok, since the LXX is a  Greek Translation I can understand why you would return that as a result, but for the Lexham Research Lexicon, Greek to appear NO WHERE does not make sense. If I had a choice, I would prefer the Greek appearing only since that is the search that I am running, but both would be nice to. But for the Greek to appear no where does not make sense. 

Now, with that being said, is there a way that I can change that resource to be both or to be the Lexham Research Lexicon, Greek? Thanks!

Posts 2583
LogosEmployee

Pastor Michael Huffman:
You would think that when you took a Greek word from the NA28 and asked it to run a factbook search on a Greek lemma that it would return a result from the Lexham Research Lexicon, New Testament, but instead it beings back an article from the Lexham Research Lexicon, Septuagint.

This is a bug that has been fixed in 9.1 Beta 1. The New Testament lexicon will be the displayed article, and I believe a link to the Septuagint lexicon will also show up at the bottom of the Key Article section.

https://wiki.logos.com/9.1_Beta_1

Posts 24533
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2020 8:20 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
and I believe a link to the Septuagint lexicon will also show up at the bottom of the Key Article section.

It looks like it ended up in the Further Reading section

Posts 2583
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:
It looks like it ended up in the Further Reading section

Factbook terminology is similar to Guide terminology. A section is one of the top-level collapsible areas. Further Reading shows up at the bottom of the Key Article section.

Posts 24533
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2020 3:25 PM

Got it 

Thanks Andrew 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS