Bug: Can no longer rename/delete layouts on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 84
RHC | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2020 12:37 PM

On Logos 9 for Mac, I'm unable to rename or delate layouts as I could in Logos 8. When I ctrl-click on any layout, the pop-up menu briefly appears but then vanishes before I can choose rename or delete. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posts 5231
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 1:34 AM

RHC:

On Logos 9 for Mac, I'm unable to rename or delate layouts as I could in Logos 8. When I ctrl-click on any layout, the pop-up menu briefly appears but then vanishes before I can choose rename or delete. Is anyone else having this problem?

Greetings RHC

I have noticed this problem with a number of apps on MacOS 10. It does not seem to be a problem with the Beta MacOS 11.

If Faithlife don't have a cure you may find that the problem evaporates when the stable OS is issured.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 84
RHC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 3:03 PM

Thanks for the response. Right-click seems to work fine for me everywhere else in Logos and in other apps. It's only with the "saved layouts", "quickstart layouts", and "home page layouts" that the pop-up menu disappears when I right-click.

Posts 24506
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 10:57 PM

If this is what you are referring to, I'm not seeing a problem with it

Posts 5231
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 1:24 AM

For me Graham 

It is not the actual menu that is the (intermittent) problem.

It is when I click on 'Rename' and the target flashes and reverts to its former state.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 84
RHC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:03 AM

I can ctrl-click on the layouts in the right column without any problem, but not with the layouts in the left column. For the layouts in the left column, if I ctrl-click on the layout, the pop-up menu briefly appears but automatically opens the layout instead of letting me choose to rename it, delete it, etc.

By layouts in the left column, I mean those listed under the headings "saved layouts", "quickstart layouts", and "home page layouts".

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 7:38 AM
I can confirm this bug in 9.1 beta1 Mac OS 10.15.7
Posts 1883
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 8:14 AM

Mike Binks:
It is when I click on 'Rename' and the target flashes and reverts to its former state.

If I right-click and click "Rename" three times, it will allow me to rename on the third try...every time. Weird.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 12:39 PM

Levi Durfey:
If I right-click and click "Rename" three times, it will allow me to rename on the third try...every time.

A man of infinite patience. It works! Hmm

Posts 1883
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 12:42 PM

FL must be trying to prove the old saying, "The third time's a charm." Wink

Posts 16
LogosEmployee
Curt McCorkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 4:24 PM

Levi Durfey:

Mike Binks:

If I right-click and click "Rename" three times, it will allow me to rename on the third try...every time. Weird.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

I can repro this bug, too, and have put in a bug report on it.

Good catch on noting that it works on the 3rd try.  It made me laugh.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS