Bookstore search does not match exact wordforms (bug and request)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1200
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:07 PM

I am doing a Basic search with "Match All Word Forms" deselected.

The search of the Bookstore appears to ignore this selection and matches all word forms anyway.

Also, I do not want to search the Bookstore every time I do a search. This adds clutter to my search results and slows up the search significantly. (It added 5 seconds with a high speed Internet connection.)

When I search "All Resources", this should only include the resources I own, not things that Logos wants to sell me. There are many times I use Logos when I am traveling and have a slow Internet connection or limited data on my mobile hotspot. Many users outside the US have limited data and a search al All Resources should not subject them to expensive Internet usage. If I want to search the Bookstore, I will search Everything or the Bookstore explicitly.

*Logos 9.1 Beta 1 on Windows 10

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:28 PM

Harry, this doesn't solve all your issues but if you leave Library (Cloud) and Bookstore closed, they will not be executed on a Basic search. Yes, I did just try this to verify.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1200
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:40 PM

MJ. Smith:
Harry, this doesn't solve all your issues but if you leave Library (Cloud) and Bookstore closed, they will not be executed on a Basic search. Yes, I did just try this to verify.

This is a great suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS