I've been getting 503 error on forums about once a week lately

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2020 2:52 PM

What's up with this? An immediate retry fixes it every time. But I wonder why it's even happening in the first place.

Posts 2509
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 2:54 PM

Me too.

Posts 24293
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 3:08 PM

This was flagged by DAL at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/192620/1131287.aspx#1131287 

Bradley commented there that he had seen it but didn't, at that time, know the cause.

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 3:10 PM

Only once a week? two or three times a day for me. It is a real pain.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 3:13 PM

MJ. Smith:
Only once a week? two or three times a day for me. It is a real pain

Or two or three times an hour. It is. And I still don' understand why the forums servers are probably the only service not monitored at status.faithlife.com (at least I don't see it) 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 7879
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 3:25 PM

I got the error message 4 times before I closed my iPhone’s window and clicked on the forum’s shortcut; then it worked.  But yes, you’re lucky if you only get it once a week.  I get it everyday, sometimes when trying to post.

DAL

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 4:46 PM

I don't get it every day. It shows up now and then, but generally resolves itself.

I'd guess one of the processes on the server ran out of resources, then automatically gets restarted.

Today it happened in the oddest place. I was trying to add a link to the post I was writing and the little popup window that opens showed the 503! I closed it, then tried again to add the link and it was fine.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 4:59 PM

Frequent occurrence for me as well.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 6:11 PM

NB.Mick:

MJ. Smith:
Only once a week? two or three times a day for me. It is a real pain

Or two or three times an hour. It is. And I still don' understand why the forums servers are probably the only service not monitored at status.faithlife.com (at least I don't see it) 

Some of you check the forums way more often than I do nowadays. I do maybe once a day these days, more often than that only if I've posted something earlier that day and want to see if anyone has answered it yet.

Posts 2692
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 11:25 AM

I see this fairly often. But it doesn't persist like it would if there was actually something wrong when a real issue occurs. 

I reset my cable modem yesterday to deal with a problem of connecting with my service provider simply to pay my monthly bill. I couldn't log in to them even though every other website on the planet seemed accessible. Why I needed to do that I have no idea but it worked! 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 11:36 AM

Me too, though more often than once a week. For about 30 straight seconds on Tue this week. Then for 1-2 requests yesterday (Wed).

-Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS