Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3149
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:39 AM

I have now found out waiting is a better option. It seems that my dream for ipad with window 7 will soon come to reality. Microsoft  is showing up as ipad competitor                                                          http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-ceo-touts-new-windows-tablets-as-ipad-competition-2025487.html

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:45 PM

I have long been a PC man, with many a night of the long knives spent arguing which platform is better, PC or MacIntrash. I saw the iPad screen and repented.. I will be shocked if the screen on the PC ever approaches the clarity of the Mac. I really like my iPad.

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:49 PM

Windows is designed for a mouse and a keyboard.  Even styluses are second class citizens.  If these devices are running Win7, then I'm not sure they will be the same class of device as the iPad.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 32
Richard Stimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:51 PM

I have a PC tablet.  Three basic problems for me:

1. It got to hot

2. Batter life was to short

3. It got heavy.

The problem with the iPad is that it can not do everything a PC can do (but it does enough for me).

Posts 3149
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2010 3:58 PM

Thank you all.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2010 4:50 PM

I'll bet it will run some version of windows mobile, which is designed for stylus use... Just like the ipad runs some form of the software for the iphone, a windows device would run the windows 7 mobile client, like on a phone. Since I run a windows mobile phone, that wouldn't be bad.

If they can make it a bit lighter, and make the screen less glare-y, then it might be interesting.

:-)

Russ

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS