Why were Wordsearch customers at various levels given the same base Logos package?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Bryan Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2020 7:58 AM

Hi Logos Support,

Many of us WordSearch customers have invested significantly over the years in this product.  Now that we have been adopted into the Logos, how can we get upgraded to a comparable level and functionality to our WordSearch package?  

We are looking for the Full Featured upgrade that give all functionality without adding new books which we already own preferably at no cost.  

Also, how can we get a report of what we owned with Wordsearch and what we have now with Logos?

Thanks, 

Bryan

Posts 962
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2020 8:14 AM

Not knowing WordSearch, the questions that comes to my mind are, “How did the WS tiers of service compare to the full features of Logos?” and “should the features given be for L8 or L9?”

I don’t say that dismissively. I’m asking more to be informed so I can understand whether the request is reasonable and just instead of forming a snap judgment 

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 2534
LogosEmployee

Does the link in the initial post of this thread help? https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193953.aspx

Also note the FAQ if you haven't already seen it: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2020 8:22 AM

I wouldn't expect a full feature for free. I am a former Wordsearch customer, as well, and have now purchased full feature and libraries within Logos (during the 50% off offer for us). I have also taken most of Morris Proctor's training on Logos 8 and 9.
 I said all that to say this, Logos capabilities are far beyond those of Wordsearch. What we were given (WS12 users) was the migration of our books and a feature or two above a base program, Sermon Editor for sure and I think some data sets but don't quote me.
 Our EULA signed with WS/Lifeway reads so that if they had simply "gone under", which was imminent, we would have had nothing and no legal recourse. Instead they worked out a deal with FL/Logos to make us a home and supply us with our invested books.
 With WS, features were identical from the lowest package to the highest (Lessonmaker may have been an exception, I don't recall if I purchased it separately) only libraries were upgraded, that is not the structure of Logos. The features they gave us for free are comparable to those of Wordsearch where an equivalent was available.
 I'm not trying to dismiss your concern, I had it myself early on, but it's important to remember, what Logos has given us is purely voluntary, they had no legal requirement to provide us anything. WS still functions and will continue to function until and Operating System update breaks it. In most other software purchases, thats what you get when a company folds, because legally, we no longer buy "things" we buy "services", and both WS and Logos are services.

Posts 9033
LogosEmployee

Bryan Stephens:
Why were Wordsearch customers at various levels given the same base Logos package?

They weren't. 

You were upgraded to a custom Logos package based on your ownership of Wordsearch 10, 11, or 12. See https://files.logoscdn.com/v1/files/45561287/content.pdf?signature=B7M_mhfLktiAHHtsu8A5fek3BDg for details.

Bryan Stephens:
Many of us WordSearch customers have invested significantly over the years in this product.  Now that we have been adopted into the Logos, how can we get upgraded to a comparable level and functionality to our WordSearch package?  

The free upgrade you received should be comparable to the Wordsearch features you already had. Additionally, all your Wordsearch books are being migrated to Logos for free.

Bryan Stephens:
We are looking for the Full Featured upgrade that give all functionality without adding new books which we already own preferably at no cost.

Wordsearch users are not being given all the features of Logos 9 for free, but were offered a substantial discount to upgrade to a Logos feature set that's more powerful than Wordsearch: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-upgrade-options 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS