Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 10:21 AM

I have it working accept for knowing how to set up the keyboard shortcut on Win10. Anyone one share the secret? :-)

Posts 292
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 6:17 PM

Mike Binks:
You may well be right Hugh but perhaps changing the Keyboard shortcut to Cmd+Option+Ctl+E for 'Replace with Passage' in the Services menu as Livi has suggested might help a little.

To make life easy I changed it to Ctl+. using 2 keys is much quicker and easier than using 4 keys.

Posts 5160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 12:22 AM

Hugh DeLong:

and on a win10 PC?

How quaint - you might have said.

No idea.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 825
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 6:22 AM

The beauty of InstaVerse wasn't, IMO, the ability to paste a reference in to a document - it was its ability to pop-up a scripture text in a preferred translation as you read virtually any webpage. 

From the developer:

"InstaVerse recognizes scripture abbreviations like "Jn 3:16" in web pages and email documents, and if you point at an abbreviation with your mouse, it pops up the Bible text for that reference."

IOW, as you read along in any webpage and you come to a biblical reference, say, "John 3:16",  instead of having to open another program, or website, or search engine to find out what the text of "John 3:16" says, you simply hover the cursor over the reference and up pops a window with the text in it. No coding required as in RefTagger - just any plain biblical reference.

Simple, easy-peasy, uncomplicated, worked like a champ.  Began to break down when Windows 8 came along (or was it 64 bit Windows? who knows?). 

HERE are three screenshots that give an idea of how it worked (click on the screenshot icon(s) to open them up for viewing).

Point is that WS just gave up on a fantastically useful little utility - is anybody at FL/Logos listening?

JRS has left the building.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 11:58 AM

Actually JRS they gave up 2. Instaverse and Lesson Maker. I also hope Faithlife is listening.

Posts 8
stephen David Parkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 2:29 AM

I would agree. Instaverse was my most used button. A brilliant option,

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS