BUG - Wiersbe BE Series OT - Alignment with Bible Milestones

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 562
Kevin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2020 11:56 AM

I am seeing many problems viewing this series through MultiView. Many of the other books in the series are appearing in the Multiview where I would not expect them to. 

Interestingly, in a linked Passage Guide Commentary section, only the expected book appears, not all these other books.

Here are a few but examples, showing which books open with which passages in the Multiview

Anyone experienced similar?

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 1:53 PM

Yes. It appears to be a bug e.g.  I cannot find milestones in Be Distinct for the book of Jeremiah

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 562
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 9:51 PM

Thank you, I have changed the title to reflect.

Posts 1322
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 8:16 AM

Kevin

I'm having trouble following your repo steps. Could you give me more info.

I wouldn't expect "Be Distinct" to appear as a parallel passage for a Jeremiah reference.

Posts 562
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 9:26 AM

Hi Kyle,

It is just the ESV with a multiview selecting the Wiersbe 'Be Series.

If you then go to some of the references in my images it hopefully will replicate the problem.

These examples are not exhaustive.

Eg go to Lev 1.1, it has Be Holy (expected) but also Be Counted, Be Delivered and Be Equipped.

I have scrolled through the whole book verse by verse and at 8:30 Be Delivered disappears. At no point scrolling through do any of the 3 actually align to anything.

Also, none of the extra books are appearing in a link passage guide commentary section, but they do appear if you go to the book you would expect them to appear at, eg Be Counted - Numbers. This is a good thing, but it makes it strange that they appear in the Multiview. Presumably different metadata is being used to determine whether they should be in a multiview than if they should be a linked commentary?

Thanks

Posts 562
Posts 8849
LogosEmployee

The incorrect metadata that caused Be CountedBe DeliveredBe Distinct, and Be Equipped to show up in multiview has been fixed. 

Posts 562
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 11:24 AM

Oh thanks very much guys Big SmileYes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS