Incomplete tagging

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 54
David McKay | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:39 PM

One of the attractions of Logos is that when a book refers to one you have in your library, you get a link straight to that book. Logos promotes this is a selling point.

But i find that, all too frequently, the link doesn't work. What about you?

For example, i'm reading Con Campbell's new book "Paul and the hope of Glory," where there is a link to Tom Wright's Paul and the faithfulness of God, which i have in my library. But the link does nothing and i have to go to the trouble of opening myself. Endeavouring to report these dead links as i use the program.

Posts 3347
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 9:25 PM

never get your experience...more often "you dob't have it in your Libary" with an open Window show me the Book.

So, this happens in electronic Books...best Help I allways found is call the CS to solve the Problem it could also be an indexing Problem on your Side.

Posts 24017
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 10:54 PM

David McKay:
For example, i'm reading Con Campbell's new book "Paul and the hope of Glory," where there is a link to Tom Wright's Paul and the faithfulness of God, which i have in my library. But the link does nothing and i have to go to the trouble of opening myself. Endeavouring to report these dead links as i use the program.

Can you give a specific instance of this? The one I tried at random worked fine

Posts 54
David McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 12:13 AM

Thanks Graham. (That’s my middle name - spelt the same way.)

I get tags, but I can’t click on them. I wonder if Logos can help me? I get hyperlinks to Bible passages working OK, but quite often links to other books don’t work. 

Posts 24017
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 12:22 AM

Can you give a specific example in the book so I can check it on my system?

I’m trying to understand if it is a resource issue or something else

Posts 54
David McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 12:53 AM
On page 52 of Paul and the hope of glory, 3rd line there is a footnote superscript 396 to Wright's Paul and the faithfulness of God. When i click on it, there is a blue hyperlink, but when I click on that link, it doesn't open, even though i have it in my library. This is happening a lot. David McKay
Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 1:02 AM

David McKay:
On page 52 of Paul and the hope of glory, 3rd line there is a footnote superscript 396 to Wright's Paul and the faithfulness of God. When i click on it, there is a blue hyperlink, but when I click on that link, it doesn't open, even though i have it in my library. This is happening a lot. David McKay

David, this is a known weakness. Logos does not usually link the titles of books when they are in footnotes. They are just bibliographic references. We have asked for this. It is currently in the Feedback site, so you can vote for it there, though they've already said this is "In Progress". But I'm guessing it will be a progressively implemented thing, because it would probably require retagging all those books. Unless they implemented the tagging in those books in a generic way that will make them all just suddenly work when the code is implemented.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates/posts/make-bibliographic-links-between-resources-work

Posts 20
ElephantMan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 1:13 AM

I wonder if Faithlife have ever considered accepting content updates from their customers (ie. us), who are probably far more motivated to fix these 'seemingly minor' typos, errors and gaps? With the right tools and workflow, it could both reduce costs and make customers even more satisfied? Would probably also increase 'stickiness', because customers would feel more involved.

An idea, anyway... :)

Posts 11370
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 1:33 AM

ElephantMan:
I wonder if Faithlife have ever considered accepting content updates from their customers

They have considered it, but it has not made it into a viable model so far.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS