Socio-Rhetorical Sale Question

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 74
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2020 6:30 AM

Was Witherington's volume, Grace in Galatia: A Commentary on Paul’s Letter to the Galatians, purposely or accidentally excluded from the current Socio-Rhetorical Series Black Friday Sale? This appears to be the only volume in the series that Faithlife offers that is not included in the special pricing.

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 9:36 AM

My guess is that it wasn't released in the same series even if the author uses similar methodology. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1501
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 10:49 AM

mab:

My guess is that it wasn't released in the same series even if the author uses similar methodology. 

Same series and same publisher.

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 12:36 PM

Looks like they changed the listing from when I looked. The title doesn’t call it that either like the others.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1501
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 12:51 PM

mab:

Looks like they changed the listing from when I looked. The title doesn’t call it that either like the others.

Although it is part of this Socio-Rhetorical collection

https://www.logos.com/product/41773/socio-rhetorical-commentary-series-src

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 1:16 PM

It should be part.of the sale. I think they dropped the ball. I would ask a rep

Posts 74
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 2:01 PM

I did contact a sales rep who stated that the volumes included in the sale were controlled by the publisher. It is interesting that only one volume of the series was excluded from the sale, though that volume has the highest ranking in the series on the Best Commentaries website.

I have been watching this series for several years and am very grateful to purchase the volumes available in the current Black Friday Sale. Patience is rewarded. :)

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 1501
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 2:13 PM

I had the "non" Ben Witherington volumes in my $9.99 or less wishlist. Patience has paid off as the above comment says.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS