Open letter re:Logos maintenance support aka bug supression

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2084
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:57 AM

SineNomine:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
you can bring it to my attention if you feel like it's an important issue that we're not prioritizing like we should.

I do feel it's an important issue, but for lack of communication from Faithlife, I straight up don't know what level of prioritization this has: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/195544.aspx (i.e., fixing duplicates and other errors in Factbook since the release of L/V9).

I believe this is still in flight. Many have been fixed, but some require changes that are blocked by tooling bugs. I'll see if I can get a clearer ETA.

Posts 2084
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2020 10:01 AM

Pater Noster:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
If there's something you think is being overlooked or underprioritized, feel free to flag it by emailing me (phil@faithlife.com) so I can review it with the team.

Phil, is there any way you could look into this bug report? It has been around for years. I posted just some of the prior reports to it. I also included an mp4 video that can be downloaded showing it, it seems very reproducible. Many of us are hopeful it could be an easy fix. You can imagine, if someone is working with their personal books, to frequently have to exit Logos or Verbum and restart every time they need to do another recompile is very aggravating. It's also aggravating that there has been no comment from FL personnel at all; I am pretty sure that goes the same on the other threads I posted where the bug was reported over the YEARS.

Is there any way you can help with this Phil? Thanks!

I see if we can fix this one soon.

Posts 154
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2020 3:28 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I see if we can fix this one soon.

Thank you Phil!

Posts 4727
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2020 6:46 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
you can bring it to my attention if you feel like it's an important issue that we're not prioritizing like we should.

I do feel it's an important issue, but for lack of communication from Faithlife, I straight up don't know what level of prioritization this has: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/195544.aspx (i.e., fixing duplicates and other errors in Factbook since the release of L/V9).

I believe this is still in flight. Many have been fixed, but some require changes that are blocked by tooling bugs. I'll see if I can get a clearer ETA.

Thank you, Phil! I did check before I posted and I observed that most of the first few had been fixed, which prevented me from assuming that the thread was being ignored. I will continue to add to it if/as I find more relevant things to add to it.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS