Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2020 12:35 PM

In Logos... One has to use the Sermon Builder (SB) for a lot of things.. One weakness of Logos and SB is there is no place or keys to just copy a verse into SB...   So, I use good ole Zipscript for the task and it works just fine!  Hope Logos doesn't get rid of Zipscript!!!

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 589
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 1:07 PM

Xnman, 

Type in the bible reference in your sermon document. 

Right click on the bible reference and select insert verse and it should automatically insert the text that you have selected and place it on its on slide.  

Logos does have a tool called Copy bible verses. Go into the tools panel and you should be able to find it. 

However, like many I do love the Zipscript tool from Wordsearch. I hope that it has a future in Logos software. 

I also would like to give a plug for the instant verse study from Wordsearch.

You select your bible reference. 

Then you select the books that you want Wordsearch to get information from for you.

It goes through all of the books that you selected and pulls information related to the passage of Scripture you selected.

Finally, it automatically creates a document for you to paste into your word processor or you can place it into Microsoft word (etc.) and make a personal book out of it and send it to kindle so that you can read it through the kindle app.

Logos, please keep the Zipscript and Instant verse study tool from Wordsearch.   

Smile

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 1:20 PM

Thanks Jesse Blevins!

There are some things that I use that I am so used to and it feels so easy that I would love to keep and Zipscript is one of them. While I can insert into Sermon Builder and some things in Logos the Logos way...  Zipscript does so much more like email, online programs, etc. And it is very easy and simple to use...  

I'll also plug Instant Verse Study. I still go back to WS and use it. Loved it. 

But thanks again for the heads up in Logos features. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 589
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 1:27 PM

Xnman, 

Your welcome. 

Since your new to Logos I would like to recommend www.learnlogos.com  to you. 

It's a great training resource. I just consider the money that I spend on these training products as buying back time in my work week and saving myself from unwanted frustration. 

The best offer available is the course in which he provides in detailed training over every feature of the software. 

I wish you the best in your Logos journey. 

Jesse 

Posts 43
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 6:14 PM

It has been said over and over in other threads when the transition first began, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and Zipscript is a very valuable tool for ministry online in all of the various social media outlets.  

I don't know if the Logos Team is listening, but I will continue to repeat myself on this issue until it is heard. 

In His Love and Service, 

Peace

Posts 5087
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 12:33 AM

skypeace:
I don't know if the Logos Team is listening, but I will continue to repeat myself on this issue until it is heard. 

Not that I have ever used Zipscript, but from the description, it seems to be an OS based gadget rather than being integrated into the software.

If this is the case... 

is it multi-platform? (ie are all those calling for it to be maintained Windows users?)

is there any reason that the Logos Team should become the developers (ie why not a third party?)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 9:30 AM

Mike Binks....

Here's what I see with Zipscript (Zs).   I think Logos would do well to make it work with books, etc in Logos. If Logos does "farm it out" to a 3rd party, then WS users and maybe even Logos users should be "grandfathered in" or have use of it.

Zipscript works with anything I have that I type into.  Logos currently does not have that capability.  Many people use Word Perfect or MS Word or some other word processor to type their sermons into rather than use WS or Logos. I once was like that myself.

Zs works with all of them and with email, with Logos Notes or anything you type into in Logos and with any internet browser I have used, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Avast, etc.  In this way, Zs is like no other... you can format the copied text different ways... 

I think it's needed for the above reasons... I know I will certainly feel a loss if I were to loose it.

But right now it works for me and works well. I would like to see Logos spend time on getting this transition from WS to Logos done before anything else. Get all the users on the same playing field so to speak - Logos. Then maybe Zs might come into play.

just my 2 cents... which with $2.50  will buy a cup of coffee in some places. Roll Eyes

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 18789
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 10:25 AM

xnman:
Zs works with all of them and with email, with Logos Notes or anything you type into in Logos and with any internet browser I have used, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Avast, etc.  In this way, Zs is like no other... you can format the copied text different ways... 

Curious how Zs compares with Text service "Replace with Passage" on macOS ?

Logos wiki => https://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags 

My reply includes Pp 4.4 (below) that was selected then used "Replace with Passage" Text Service in a web browser on macOS 10.15.7 (desktop app was open, which used Copy Bible Verses formatting for passage, which included pericope)

Philippians 4:4 (LEB)

Be Anxious for Nothing

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 5:33 AM

Originally coming from an engineering background, Apple products were like taboo. So, I don't know how Zs works on apple... but I would surmise it would work well. Since WS is part of Logos, then Zs should be part of Logos and because of that you might be able to download it and try it out. It's a very handy piece of software.

xn = Christan  man=man

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS