Service "Replace With Passage (Logos)" no longer working for me

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 300
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2020 12:25 AM

Mac Issue: The service "Replace With Passage (Logos) is no longer working for me in Word.

The Service (shortcut) does open Logos but then doesn't replace a text reference in Word, as it did before.

I Use Logos 9.1.0.0018. Until the update it worked fine

Hans 

Posts 18990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 8:23 AM

Curious about version of Word ?

Replicated Text Services "Replace with Passage (Logos)" 9.1.0.0018 & "Replace with Passage (Verbum)" 8.17.0.0014 not appearing in LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 on macOS 10.15.7 while General Services to "Open Copy Bible Verses" appear: (Logos & Verbum desktop apps were open)

Text service worked in forum editor (Opera web browser) using Logos 9.1.0.0018 on macOS 10.15.7 to replace pp 4.4-8 with:

Philippians 4:4–8 (1998:CJB)

4 Rejoice in union with the Lord always! I will say it again: rejoice! 5 Let everyone see how reasonable and gentle you are. The Lord is near! 6 Don’t worry about anything; on the contrary, make your requests known to God by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. 7 Then God’s shalom, passing all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with the Messiah Yeshua. 8 In conclusion, brothers, focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable or admirable, on some virtue or on something praiseworthy.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3343
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:18 AM

Hans van den Herik:

Mac Issue: The service "Replace With Passage (Logos) is no longer working for me in Word.

The Service (shortcut) does open Logos but then doesn't replace a text reference in Word, as it did before.

I Use Logos 9.1.0.0018. Until the update it worked fine

Hans 

Hi Hans,

We've got a case for this issue, and I've added a link to this thread.

Posts 169
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 5:05 PM

On my Mac with Verbum, CBV shows in the System Preferences and works. The Help text says there is an Expand Bible Reference, which does not show up in the System Services/ Preferences to select. There is a Replace With Passage (Verbum) that in the System Services Preferences, and is checked, but neither shows up in the choices under System Services, nor does the short cut Shift-Cmd-E do anything.

Posts 7
Glen Garrity Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 6:20 PM

I am having the same problem.  I do a lot of writing and this has always been a feature I use daily.  Very disappointed it is not working.  I've exhausted efforts trying to get it to work.

Posts 2
Stan Lubeck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 10:43 AM

Yeah, I use it all the time as well. It must be a MS Word issue, since the shortcut works in the Drafts App. Looking forward to seeing a fix.

Posts 290
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 5:09 PM

Glen Garrity Sr:
this has always been a feature I use daily.  Very disappointed it is not working.  I've exhausted efforts trying to get it to work.

I use this daily as well and have tried every possible resolution to get Replace with Passage to work in Word...  hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Posts 9
Donnie Gullion | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:40 AM

Glad to hear this is being addressed.  As others have said, it's must!

My fix was to just restore the Word app from prior to mid Dec from Time Machine.  Works just fine, but clearly not a fix.

Posts 18990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2021 12:47 PM

Hans van den Herik:

Thread => Insert/replace Scripture reference in Word on a Mac no longer working shows changing keyboard shortcuts for "Replace with Passage (Logos)" & "Replace with Passage (Verbum)" works using Pages 10.3.5 on macOS 11.1 Big Sur.

Apologies for me not subscribing to Office 365 (free alternatives have been adequate for my use).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 3:46 PM

Possibility is recent Word 365 update on macOS stopped sending COMMAND+Shift+E to macOS services (since keyboard shortcut was handled by Word).

Microsoft support has Keyboard shortcuts in Word (with operating system selector) that includes macOS:

• Turn change tracking on or off. COMMAND+Shift+E

Appears COMMAND+Shift+U and some more key combinations do not conflict with Word for Microsoft 365 on macOS

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Mike Foreman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:01 PM

Where is the link?

Posts 18990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 3:14 PM

Mike Foreman:

Where is the link?

Faithlife has a Bug tracker database, which can include link(s) to forum thread(s).

Thread => Insert/replace Scripture reference in Word on a Mac no longer working has a reply with link to Microsoft Word UserVoice:

Travis Ulrich:

UserVoice issue linked here: https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304942-word-for-mac/suggestions/42328090-possibly-an-issue-caused-by-the-update-to-big-sur

Vote and or comment to get this issue some exposure.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS