BUG Verbum.com Advent & Christmas Sale

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:24 AM

This is really weird - it looks like the people implementing the sales page code on https://verbum.com/advent-and-christmas that should make sure that owned resources are visible as such stopped including it after the first three or four books.

Okay, to some extent I was glad when I put the four or five most interesting things into my cart and found out the cart actually was empty since I owned all of them already. But then again, this is annoying. It is annoying because we know that the code exists and the sites can be much more helpful, it is annoying to have to raise this issue with every second sale going on, and in this case the site tricked me into believing the code was turned on. 

Please fix this. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:45 AM

I think there's a straightforward process change required: Faithlife, categorically stop posting sales code that ignores ownership.

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:57 AM

SineNomine:

I think there's a straightforward process change required: Faithlife, categorically stop posting sales code that ignores ownership.

The additional interesting thing here is that Faithlife didn't post the code... until today. It was not listed on Verbum.com, but a user brought it up with a link in the forums. Then I had the experience above, but thought, maybe the sale ist not yet "official" and the page in a beta. When I thought about looking at it again, I looked for Verbum.com/Advent and Verbum.com/Christmas, both are 404s. Today the sales page is listed, but the bug remains.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea someone with a full library account tests sales pages to make sure ownership indicators work (I would offer doing this with my private account, if you just license the four Ultimate packages to me! Wink )   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25215
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:02 AM

SineNomine:

I agree - I will admit I stopped looking through the options when I realised it wasn't telling me whether I owned them or not.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 5:31 PM

This is really bad. I probably already own 50% of these books and only the top few are being shown as owned until you click on them. Really is a big waste of my time and makes me not want to buy anything from the page.

Tim

Posts 329
LogosEmployee

Sorry for the inconvenience of all the buy buttons not showing that you own the resource. Looking into it now!

Posts 329
LogosEmployee

This is fixed.

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 5:48 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

This is fixed.

Thank you, Donald!

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 5:50 PM

Thanks Donald! Yes

Posts 25215