Jerusalem is missing!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 354
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2020 8:17 AM

Is there some reason why Jerusalem is missing from the Atlas?

Posts 31865
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 11:24 AM

I would have sworn I answered this a day or two ago by showing that Jerusalem did appear in the same map in my installation. I can make it come and go by changing the zoom and/or by changing the overlays.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26509
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 1:14 PM

This is what I find so disappointing about Atlas. When I type Jerusalem, the map zooms in and the locator circle flashes somewhere between Mt Ephron and Mt of Olives as the place name is absent.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 354
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 1:28 PM

I wasn't even specifically looking for Jerusalem at this time. I was looking at Amos 1:1 and over the word "Amos" was the marker for the Atlas. So I clicked on that, since verse 1 mentions Tekoa and I wanted to see "map-wise" where Tekoa was. Yes, I know it is about 10 miles from Jerusalem. I actually have hiked there. So I was just surprised that Jerusalem was not even listed.

And MJ., even though I zoomed in the maximum amount allowed, Jerusalem never appeared. Mount of Olives did, but never Jerusalem! And when I zoomed out the maximum amount, Jerusalem never appeared.

Since Jerusalem/Zion is a major key repeated word, this should not missing from the Atlas.

Posts 644
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2020 2:15 AM

Maybe we are closer than we think.  

Rev_3:12  The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. 

Rev_21:2  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 

Rev_21:10  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Posts 354
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2020 6:23 AM

Michael Kinch:

Maybe we are closer than we think.  

Rev_3:12  The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. 

Rev_21:2  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 

Rev_21:10  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Big Smile Just what I needed today, to start my morning! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS