Highlighting vs Notes: What determines the type?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 12 2020 5:50 PM

I've never thought about this until now. I have quite a few notes with highlights and note text, yet they are tagged as highlighting.

Wouldn't they be a note once text is added to them?

Can I change the type (Highlight vs Note) by changing the icons, highlighting palette, etc? Or do they remain the type designated at creation?

Thanks!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 26399
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2020 6:07 PM

They remain as type created. So you have Notes with highlights, and Highlights with notes!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:15 AM

Dave Hooton:

They remain as type created. So you have Notes with highlights, and Highlights with notes!

Thanks Dave!

I've created a feature request, if anyone is interested. I don't like that Highlights with notes are still considered Highlights without anyway to change this. When I select the Notes facet in Notes, I expect to see all my Notes. I wouldn't expect to have to look for Notes in Highlighting. I'm hoping we can get a tool that would allow the user to designated if a Highlight is now to be considered a Note.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/convert-note-to-highlight-highlight-to-note

Myke Harbuck

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:20 AM

I have voted, but I think even better would be for it to show under Notes and Highlights if it has both - that is what it is, right?

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:22 AM

Bernhard:

I have voted, but I think even better would be for it to show under Notes and Highlights if it has both - that is what it is, right?

Thanks you!

I think it's an either or thing, and might be confusing otherwise. To my thinking, once one has added text, it is a Note, even if there is highlighting to indicate the location of that Note.

Thanks again!

Myke Harbuck

Posts 669
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:42 AM

I have voted, this has annoyed me since launch Smile

It is a useful type but only if conversion allowed, otherwise you can end up with notes that are under highlights, and highlights that are under notes, rendering the filter pointless.

Posts 349
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 8:15 AM

I voted.  I also would like to see a difference in highlights and notes. I don't like them intermixed in one "note file"....   I have highlights which I put in a "Highlight" notebook and then there is a somewhat differentiation of the two.

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 11:28 AM

Kevin:

I have voted, this has annoyed me since launch Smile

xnman:

I voted.

Thank you both!! Yes

Myke Harbuck

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:46 PM

xnman:
I also would like to see a difference in highlights and notes. I don't like them intermixed in one "note file".... 

I would hate to see them separated -- to me they are all notes -- some visual, some verbal

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS