Bug: Going into Preaching Mode takes a long time (9.2.0 on iOS)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2020 12:25 PM

I was just starting to preach earlier and put the sermon on my iPad into Preach mode.

It hung with a blank screen - I ended up switching up to the Proclaim app so I could see the notes in my slides.

When I got home I ran some tests and found it was actually just taking more time than I expected - an average of about 12 seconds but once up to nearly 30

Previously it was nearly instantaneous - and I’ve just checked in the Verbum app (stable version) using the same sermon and there is no delay

So looks like something introduced in the current beta 

Posts 2083
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2020 2:14 PM

I am not seeing what you are describing,  My sermons open in preach mode almost instantly.

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2020 2:20 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I am not seeing what you are describing,  My sermons open in preach mode almost instantly.

Thanks, Kenneth, for checking and getting back to me.

I'll look into it further.

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2020 2:42 PM

I’ve just force-quit and restarted the app and it is working properly again now.

If developers would like to see logs, please could someone from Faithlife let me know?

Posts 221
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 12:45 PM

Graham, go ahead and send me your logs (first name dot last name at faithlife dot com). I'll take a look to see if there is anything that might explain what you were experiencing.

I don't believe anything changed in this particular beta related to preaching mode.

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 1:08 PM

Thanks Todd

I’ve just sent them through

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS