PBB syncing

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3285
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:05 PM

It has been forever since the PBB capability became part of the Logos Bible program- cross syncing between devices should become one of the top priorities of FL to take this capability to the next level.

Posts 31273
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:35 PM

The way to get it top priority is get enough votes on feedback.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29033
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 4:11 PM

Do you mean to mobile, or syncing between computers? The later is already possible. FL has said that syncing to mobile will not happen, but recently Bradley said something like "vote for it anyway." I don't think it will come to mobile for the reasons Bob has stated. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5154
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2020 2:44 AM

JT (alabama24):
I don't think it will come to mobile for the reasons Bob has stated. 

I know you are concerned for the owners of the copyrighted material that some users have taken a liberty with.

Perhaps some sort of self-certification might help; where a user that wants to have full sync of personal books fills in a declaration that none of the material in that book is under copyright?

Perhaps Faithlife could levy some sort of (non-profitmaking) fee for inspecting Personal Books to ensure that the company was keeping on the right side of the law?

Should copyright material be found then Faithlife could automatically licence the resource to the user and charge against their registered credit card.

Just some ideas for a workround.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1849
Posts 3285
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 11:03 AM

JT (alabama24):

Do you mean to mobile, or syncing between computers? The later is already possible. FL has said that syncing to mobile will not happen, but recently Bradley said something like "vote for it anyway." I don't think it will come to mobile for the reasons Bob has stated. 

JT

Syncing between computers- I have to rebuild on each computer or do it on one and them transfer the new file to the other two- it is not happening automatically for sure. So when was the syncing between computers start happening, I have not seen this behaviour at all.

Posts 29033
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 11:46 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
Syncing between computers

That is already a feature. 

Whyndell Grizzard:
So when was the syncing between computers start happening

Several years this has been a feature but...

Whyndell Grizzard:
it is not happening automatically for sure.

It is not automatic. You must click the "upload" button after compiling on computer 1

Posts 169
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 11:50 AM

I don't use upload because you can't ever remove them, unless that has changed?

I don't recompile on every computer I use over time - I keep a copy of the compiled files (*.lbspbb in your Resources folder) in a Dropbox folder of my own. Then all I have to do on a new computer is "Scan <folder name>" - they will all be added to the library automatically!

Posts 3285
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 12:34 PM

JT (alabama24):

Whyndell Grizzard:
Syncing between computers

That is already a feature. 

Whyndell Grizzard:
So when was the syncing between computers start happening

Several years this has been a feature but...

Whyndell Grizzard:
it is not happening automatically for sure.

It is not automatic. You must click the "upload" button after compiling on computer 1

I was under the impression that the upload feature made it available for others to download as well- if so I will not use that for copyright reasons, I have received permission from some publishers to utilize PBB for my personal use on certain of their books- after I have done the work of making my own docx file..

Posts 11497
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 1:10 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
I was under the impression that the upload feature made it available for others to download as well
No. Sharing compiled PBs between users was planned at some point, but has not been made possible. Uploaded PBs will only work for you on another desktop installation of Logos/Verbum that uses your same ID (eMail address) than the one you built them with. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 3285
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 3:29 PM

NB.Mick:

Whyndell Grizzard:
I was under the impression that the upload feature made it available for others to download as well
No. Sharing compiled PBs between users was planned at some point, but has not been made possible. Uploaded PBs will only work for you on another desktop installation of Logos/Verbum that uses your same ID (eMail address) than the one you built them with. 

Thanks I'll use it first on one book, before I commit to all of them.

Posts 29033
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 8:39 PM

Pater Noster:

No, it hasn't changed. For most users, I don't think that is an issue... and you can recompile a blank book (or other book) over the top of the one you want gone, but yes, you are right about not being able to delete it from the cloud. (You can still hide it). 

Posts 172
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 3:35 AM

JT (alabama24):

Pater Noster:

No, it hasn't changed. For most users, I don't think that is an issue... and you can recompile a blank book (or other book) over the top of the one you want gone, but yes, you are right about not being able to delete it from the cloud. (You can still hide it). 

But I would love it.

Another question, does the PBB appear in the iOS App?

Thanks 

Fabian

Posts 5154
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:23 AM

Fabian:

Please have a read of the third post in this thread.

If that does not answer your question you may need to clarify it.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 172
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:27 AM

Mike Binks:

Fabian:

Please have a read of the third post in this thread.

If that does not answer your question you may need to clarify it.

Thanks, the posts here talks about sync for others and sync for myself. I understand sync to others is not willing from Logos. But how it is to sync to my own devices like my iPhone?

Fabian

Posts 11497
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:32 AM

Fabian:
I understand sync to others is not willing from Logos. But how it is to sync to my own devices like my iPhone?

Currently PBs are only working on desktops, there is no PB functionality on mobile or in the web app.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 172
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:36 AM

OK, thanks. 

So in this case a feature request.

Posts 29033
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 9:20 AM

Fabian:
So in this case a feature request.

I wouldn't hold your breath, but Bradley did dangle an ever so slight bit of hope. 

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS