Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 19 2020 1:06 PM

Hoping some of you Wordsearch experts can help me here. I have two laptops which sign in with my new, and correct, e mail address. I think this is called my Wordsearch ID. However, my desktop signs in with my old e mail address. This makes backing up on line a pain. How do I change the sign in e mail on my Windows 10 desktop? I want it to sign in the way the laptops do.

Posts 30825
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 4:06 PM

This is a quick bump to give the post more visibility. 6

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 7:17 PM

Off handed, sounds to me like you have some sort of password saver on your computer that is signing if for you.  I do this on my desktop pc... so when I sign into WS I don't type anything...it's automatically done for me. I use LastPass program to do this.

This may not be your problem... but something to check on.

Your browser may have a password saver in it also. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 6:48 AM

I tried your solutions without success. But thanks much anyway! There is a small down arrow next to my sign in e mail address. When I clicked it gave me "My Library List". When I clicked on that, I see a list of all my books in Wordsearch AND on the upper left:  "All Registrations", next line    "Wordsearch ID", and under it my old e mail address. So the question may be how do I change my Wordsearch ID?

Posts 25
John5796 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 8:34 AM

When I click the little drop down arrow next to my email at the top right, one of the options is "edit my profile". Clicking this takes me to a page where I can edit my email address and reset my password. I didn't try to change my password, but are you able to see this option? I am on WS 11 on Windows if that may make a difference.

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 8:56 AM

Thank you!!

Posts 44
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 9:01 AM

What a "Wordsearch" type of problem! It looks like WS12 does not give you any way to manage your profile from within the application. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch (which should work), you should be able to do this by manipulating your user profile folder on the PC.

Assuming you don't know where that is, from inside Wordsearch, go to Help -> About... and the click the Support Info link on the right side of the dialog box that comes up. At the bottom of the Paths section in that window is a hyperlinked path for the UserData value. Click the hyperlink to open that folder, then close out of Wordsearch completely.

After closing Wordsearch, rename the Wordsearch12.ini file in that folder (e.g. to zWordsearch.ini), and then restart Wordsearch. That should decouple your desktop profile from your Lifeway account, launch the Settings Helper wizard, and allow you to "Sigh In" from up in the top right corner where your Lifeway/Wordsearch ID usually shows.

If that doesn't work, renaming the entire profile folder should, but you may then need to copy data back over into the new profile, so try renaming just the .ini file first, since that removes only trivial settings.

Posts 70
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 12:39 PM

Close Wordsearch

Look for a a file called C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Wordsearch 12\Wordsearch.ini

Make a backup of the file and then edit in Notepad.

At about Line 35 it should say "ActiveUserID=" with a number.

Delete that number, save and close the file and start Wordsearch.

For me, that cleared the user login.

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 1:42 PM

Thanks. I will try it although I am not a cutting edge techy!

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:03 AM

Dear John: That fixed it! Thanks so much. Happy New Year!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS