BUG? Unexpected Bible Browser results

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30935
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 22 2020 1:09 AM
  • Category: Idiom
  • Type: To Proclaim the Good News as To Preach the Message that Jesus is the Christ
  • Source: Gospel 
  • Target: Gospel 
But when I look at Rev 14:6 "gospel to proclaim" in the Information Panel no idiom is shown: Using the Context Menu didn't help either How did the Bible Browser pick a result that can' be verified?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30935
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2020 3:00 AM

ANSWER: The Bible Browser actually parallels this search

{Label Figurative Language WHERE Category ~ <FigurativeLanguageCategory Idiom >} AND {Label Figurative Language WHERE Type ~ <FigurativeLanguageType To Proclaim the Good News as To Preach the Message that Jesus is the Christ>} AND {Label Figurative Language WHERE Source ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Gospel>} AND  {Label Figurative Language WHERE Target ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Gospel>}

NOT this search

{Label Figurative Language WHERE Category ~ <FigurativeLanguageCategory Idiom > AND Source ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Gospel> AND Target ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Gospel> AND Type ~ <FigurativeLanguageType To Proclaim the Good News as To Preach the Message that Jesus is the Christ>}

Ouch! This means I've been dishing out incorrect information without the data to correct myself.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8985
LogosEmployee

Glad you figured it out.

The facets selected in Bible Browser are completely independent of each other.

That's how you can select "Person:Peter > Person:Paul" and still find results, even though one entity can never be two separate Persons. Similarly, Figurative Language facets are independent of each other, not applying additional restrictions to a single itme.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS