Catholic Encyclopedia hyperlinks

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4737
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:59 PM

DAL:

How come it doesn’t say in the website that it is a Reader’s Edition? Another “oversight” maybe? It needs to be listed which edition it is for ALL resources since they now had the bright idea to have a “reader’s edition” and a “research edition.”

DAL 

I’m more confused that an encyclopedia is a reader edition versus research edition

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 5:36 PM

MJ. Smith:
Eric Weiss:
Is there a way to notify Logos to have them add Vol. 16? Maybe it was an oversight.
We need to demand it loudly ... I suspect they thought it was an index rather than glossary/reading list.

In other words, that no one from Faithlife looked at Volume 16 before deciding not to produce it. And whoever was involved in that decision never looked at the product page, either. I think that Faithlife's process for deciding what to produce ought to include an actual human looking at all of the volumes; if it does, that step got missed. Maybe it should take two people to decide not to produce any particular part of x?

Posts 5467
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 12:21 AM

Mattillo:
 I’m more confused that an encyclopedia is a reader edition versus research edition

I was just speculating, and am surprised that this hasn't been answered 'officially'!

However, I wonder if the reason this came out of 'pre-pub' is because it was auto-converted as part of the Wordseaarch transition and therefore is in the queue for conversion to a Research Edition.

If that is the case then it may well be the whole process happened with little human interference and we will get a more refined resource fairly quickly.

On the other hand I may be completely wrong. Which is a state my wife reckons I should be used to.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 7:50 AM

That would be nice, but it doesn't seem to be in the Wordsearch Catalog.

Still, one can hope this will end up as a Research Edition.

(Is there a partially right state?)

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 12:37 PM

PetahChristian:

Still, one can hope this will end up as a Research Edition.

I sorta doubt it will. The one thing I've noticed so far that it seems to be missing is Date tagging.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS