Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Brent GIbson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2020 10:52 PM

Hi,

I can't find the various versions portion of the complete biblical library, meaning the multiple translations portion of the complete biblical libary 

Posts 2722
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 6:29 AM

Welcome to the forums.  Could you list the resources in "the complete biblical library"? 

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee

They may not be available in Logos yet; the status of each ebook is listed at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration.

Posts 2
Brent GIbson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 11:18 PM

Thank you 

Posts 9
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 3:26 PM

Hi Bradley, I also have the complete package of the CBL and the CBL interlinear in Wordserch. So far the dictionary/encyclopedia has migrated but the interlinear has not. Because the 2 work together ie the interlinear has numbers similar to Strongs that when clicked on cause the dictionary to show the Concordance etc, without the interlinear it doesn't work...

0:3514 Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: New Testament Not Started

I didn't look further for the old testament supposing it is the same. Thanks for all your hard work during this transition.

Posts 9
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 3:31 PM
0:3514 Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: New Testament Not Started

Posts 2722
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:26 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

They may not be available in Logos yet; the status of each ebook is listed at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration.

Nice long list but I do not see what was in "the complete biblical library" [although the individual items maybe listed].  Also some of the WordSearch resources maybe of interest to the rest of us. Is there a list that we can search by topic? 

Posts 44
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:35 PM

David Ames:
I do not see what was in "the complete biblical library"

As published in print, this was a 39-volume, two-set opus (17 vol NT set;  22 vol OT set), broken out as follows:

• Harmony of the Gospels (1 vol)
  • New Testament Study Bible (9 vols)
  • New Testament Greek-English Dictionary (6 vols)
  • Introduction to Greek Grammar & Indices (1 vol)
  • Old Testament Study Bible (15 vols)
  • Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary (7 vols)

The Study Bible volumes comprise several elements which the Wordsearch edition broke out into distinct resources:

• Greek & Hebrew Interlinear Bibles (w/ authors' English translations)
  • Textual apparatus (Gk only)
  • verse-by-verse Commentary
  • Various Versions (i.e. comparison of other English translations against the KJV)

In the print edition, the commentary and versions comparison information would be set on opposite pages from the interlinear text. As indicated, Wordsearch broke the elements out into distinct resources that could be opened in opposing windows, each resource being internally subdivided at the TOC level into the (9+15=) 24 volumes which the Study Bible was published in.

One other important point concerning these sets is the relation of the Greek & Hebrew dictionaries to the rest of the resources. The CBL uses its own Greek and Hebrew numbering scheme, similar to the Strongs and G/K systems. Every word in the dictionaries is indexed by the CBL number, and each word in the interlinears is tagged with a number linking it to the corresponding CBL dictionary entry.

The dictionary entries consist of:

• lemma
  • transliteration
  • part of speech
  • gloss(es)
  • list of cognates (showing: lemma; transliteration; CBL dict. entry link)
  • list of synonyms (showing: lemma; transliteration; CBL dict. entry link)
  • list of Hebrew words translated in LXX by the NT Dict.entry
    • lemma
    • transliteration
    • CBL OT Dict. cross-ref
    • gloss
    • Biblical reference hotlinks (not exhaustive)
  • enumerated table of grammatical forms the word is found in (NT only - showing: surface form, transliteration, morphology)
  • concordance of all word uses
    • KJV English text, hot-linked verse reference
    • index number relating each instance to the table of grammatical forms (NT only)
    • Index number indicating verb mood (Heb. verbs)
  • word study article
    • NT Dict: covers Classical Greek usage; LXX usage; NT usage
    • OT Dict: covers OT usage
  • cross-references to other lexicons
    • NT = Strong, Bauer, Moultan-Milligan, Kittel, Liddell-Scott, Colin Brown
    • OT = BDB, HALOT, NIDOT, TDOT, TWOT, Strong

As you can see, this is a large and complex resource. I think Wordsearch users who are anxious to start using this in Logos would do well to temper their expectations and plan on using this tool in Wordsearch for a while yet. This is going to be a ton of work to produce in properly integrated Logos Research editions,

Posts 2722
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 5:16 AM

Thanks!

Posts 935
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:02 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Will this collection be available for purchase for non-Wordsearch users once it's completed?

Posts 9
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:06 AM

That is why we liked it so much. Logos has similar, not the same, features which do a good job as well. Like all things we "only" want the best of both. God bless, patiently awaiting that glorious day, when Jesus returns.

Posts 2805
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:04 AM

Kiyah:
Will this collection be available for purchase for non-Wordsearch users once it's completed?

I think so - https://blog.logos.com/2020/09/over-3000-new-reasons-to-love-logos/

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS