Plug for Valuable Old Testament Language Book Attn WS Customers

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2020 9:24 AM

Wilson's Old Testament Word Studies is a valuable language book that has been in CP for at least 6 years with little progress. This resource in paper will run you about $40. It is presently $7 in CP. As an adjunct to Vine's it is a useful resource. I think it's time we got this into production. See the Amazon entry https://www.amazon.com/Wilsons-Old-Testament-Word-Studies/dp/156563859X/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1LZFME7NIIWAY&dchild=1&keywords=wilson%27s+old+testament+word+studies&qid=1609347749&sprefix=wilson%27s+ol%2Caps%2C271&sr=8-2 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 146
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 10:14 AM

Done, Beloved.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 10:21 AM

Thanks, scooter!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:43 PM

I've had my bid in since 2014. Perhaps your push might help it a bit.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:53 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Yeah Bruce, me too. This is a quality 592 page reference. I do hope it has simply slipped through the cracks. I haven't noticed that my effort has made an impact as yet, but, I will stay diligent. Thanks for your interest.

Edit:The Logos page count is 566 as opposed to the Amazon page count quoted above.

Posts 271
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:16 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Ditto. My bid was placed 4/2/2014.

$7 for a 500+ page book is a "no-brainer"!

Posts 7995
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 5:02 PM

Not even at 40%, but I placed my bid.  Hey Albert Barnes made it out of CP this might make it out too 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 153
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 5:11 PM

I have owned and used the print version for many years and highly recommend this resource. I, too, have had my bid in for this for quite some time.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:09 PM

Jerome Smith:

I have owned and used the print version for many years and highly recommend this resource. I, too, have had my bid in for this for quite some time.

FL forum regulars know who you are. But, WordSearch customers may not have made the connection Jerome H. Smith is the editor of The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. His endorsement should be all you need to join those who have bid for this resource. Look at the sample pages and see for yourself the erudition evident in this work. Your bids are needed. Who knows, perhaps with enough bids we could see a much lower price. I bid $10 in 2014.

DAL:

Not even at 40%, but I placed my bid.  Hey Albert Barnes made it out of CP this might make it out too 👍😁👌

DAL

DAL you always muster a crowd. Glad you're in!

Posts 688
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:22 PM

I'm in now, too, Beloved.  Thank you for putting the spotlight on this one.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:22 PM

Bid!

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:24 PM

Brad:

I'm in now, too, Beloved.  Thank you for putting the spotlight on this one.

No, Thank you, Brad!

Posts 1412
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:45 PM

I'm in. Thanks for the heads up. $7 bucks. Cant beat it!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 2199
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 7:06 AM

Done, but I'm afraid you are going to need to bid higher, as it hasn't budged since you posted this, even though at least a few new bids have been added.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 9:19 AM

Joseph Turner:

Done, but I'm afraid you are going to need to bid higher, as it hasn't budged since you posted this, even though at least a few new bids have been added.

Tihank you , Joseph. Higher bids are welcome and may certainly get us there sooner. My hope is to reach the Wordsearch customer base; community pricing is a great way to get classic titles at a low low price. This title is particularly useful. I encourage you to bid your maximum desired price. One of the more vocal Wordsearch customers like Carla or Tes would be great hearing from, But, I'm not picky anyone of our newer customers would do to drive the curve upward.

Myke Harbuck:

I'm in. Thanks for the heads up. $7 bucks. Cant beat it!

Your welcome, Make! Great hearing from you and thanks for your support.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 1:12 PM

Make a New Year's resolution; let 2021 be the year that this title goes into production. Bid!

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 5:59 PM

Jerome Smith:

I thought it was rather interesting that there is a site that has pdfs of four different editions of Sir Wilson William's work if you subscribe to their service. I surmise that the FL version is based on the 2nd edition. Which version do you use, Jerome? Here is the site for those who are interested https://www.freebooksget.com/book/wilson-s-old-testament-word-studies I am not interested in using a pdf, but for those who are able to convert pdfs into .docx file you could render a personal book. I still am committed to the CP edition, but, I find all the noted interesting and thus I share.

Edit:I've noticed that many sites that offer pdfs don't actually allow you to download the pdf it just resides in your browser. I have a feeling that this service is one of the latter. This post will probably be my last of this year. I wish you all a safe and blessed New Year. Peace.

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 12:24 PM

CP resource of the New Year. Bid

Posts 2860
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:58 PM

bump

Posts 153
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 6:06 PM

My copy was published by Kregel in 1978. It is a reprint of the second edition. Large page size, hard bound. I refer to it in my book, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, a resource available in Logos.

Beloved Amodeo:

Jerome Smith:

I thought it was rather interesting that there is a site that has pdfs of four different editions of Sir Wilson William's work if you subscribe to their service. I surmise that the FL version is based on the 2nd edition. Which version do you use, Jerome? Here is the site for those who are interested https://www.freebooksget.com/book/wilson-s-old-testament-word-studies I am not interested in using a pdf, but for those who are able to convert pdfs into .docx file you could render a personal book. I still am committed to the CP edition, but, I find all the noted interesting and thus I share.

Edit:I've noticed that many sites that offer pdfs don't actually allow you to download the pdf it just resides in your browser. I have a feeling that this service is one of the latter. This post will probably be my last of this year. I wish you all a safe and blessed New Year. Peace.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS