How to only display highlighted text from your Bible?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 337
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2020 12:44 PM

I highlighted passages in my NIV and now I want to somehow only display the highlighted text. How do I go about that? 

I tried searching in my highlights (in the notes tool), but that feature apparently only searches through the notes that are anchored to the highlighted text. 

I tried a Bible Search (see below), but that search never finishes (I have only 51 passages highlighted so far). 

Posts 26378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 12:53 PM

Try an Inline Search for {Highlight *}

For more info see https://wiki.logos.com/Search_HELP#Highlighting

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 337
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 2:53 PM

Thank, Dave, that worked in a split second!

My own suggestion - with only an asterisk - actually did work, but as I said it took Logos ages to generate the search results, while yours did it in a second. 

Thanks, again! 

Posts 432
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2021 5:02 AM

Dave Hooton:

Try an Inline Search for {Highlight *}

For more info see https://wiki.logos.com/Search_HELP#Highlighting

This is a great search! BUT, I discovered when I ran it that I have a bunch of highlights (1,134, to be exact) that aren't connected to any notebook, and which I can't erase. How can I discover what a highlight is connected to, or erase it when it doesn't want to go away? For what it's worth, these are not search result highlights, mainly verses and other larger blocks of text.

*EDIT*

By the way, I've turned off all visual filtery type things and the highlights remain.

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2021 5:08 AM

Dave, would opening the Notes file and selecting "Type:Highlights" and "Resource:NIV" have provided the same information as searching for {Highlight *}? Or do they produce different information?

Posts 26378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:22 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:
This is a great search! BUT, I discovered when I ran it that I have a bunch of highlights (1,134, to be exact) that aren't connected to any notebook, and which I can't erase.

They will belong to No Notebook, and you should see them if you open Notes and filter by Notebook > No Notebook, then Type > Highlights. The number should be 1134 if that is the case.

If you are saying (from the screenshot) that 2x Notes and Highlights are not checked but you have highlights visible in the text, it would help to have a screenshot of them

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:25 AM

Ryan:

Dave, would opening the Notes file and selecting "Type:Highlights" and "Resource:NIV" have provided the same information as searching for {Highlight *}? Or do they produce different information?

As long as you searched the NIV, the results should be the same.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:14 AM

Dave Hooton:

Ryan:

As long as you searched the NIV, the results should be the same.

Great. Just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing out on some results. I appreciate the clarification.

Posts 3618
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:03 PM

What a great tip.

mm.

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS