BUG: Logos 9 factbook and other tools only refresh screen after switching tab

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Siegwart Bogatscher | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2021 2:54 AM

Hello,

I have the problem that the factbook and several other tools (e.g. number converter) only refresh their screen after I switch to another tab and back. Also scrolling works this way. Is this problem known? I could not find it through the search function.

I am using Logos 9.1 on Windows 10.

Thanks a lot.

Siegwart

Posts 5160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2021 3:24 AM

Greetings and welcome to the Forum community Siegwart, we are here to help.

Siegwart Bogatscher:
only refresh their screen after I switch to another tab and back
Siegwart Bogatscher:
I have the problem that the factbook

I am not quite sure what you expect to happen with Factbook, Siegwart. When I type a new item in the top box the page changes when I press return or select from the drop-down menu. Please will you explain a little more what is not happening and what you want to happen?

Siegwart Bogatscher:
(e.g. number converter) only refresh their screen after I switch to another tab and back.

Likewise with 'Numeric' converter; typing a new item into the top box and pressing return refreshes the screen for me.

Having said all that above I am using a Mac.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3
Siegwart Bogatscher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 2:15 AM

Mike Binks:
I am not quite sure what you expect to happen with Factbook, Siegwart. When I type a new item in the top box the page changes when I press return or select from the drop-down menu. Please will you explain a little more what is not happening and what you want to happen?

When I type a new item in the top box and press enter, nothing changes. Factbook is just a white page after starting Logos. Only when I click on any other tab within Logos and then click again on the Factbook tab, it will show the requested page. When I scroll with my mousewheel in Factbook, nothing will happen. When I click on any other Logos tab and back to Factbook, the page will scroll as much as I scrolled with the mouse wheel.

Posts 31318
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 2:48 AM

You are entering in the input box in the tile/panel and getting a select list? You must pick a choice from the pick list not merely hit enter when you are done entering the text.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Robert Montgomery | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:47 AM

I'm having same problem,  type in a search select option from drop down list and then fact book window stays blank unless i drag tab around screen.  Also home page is acting similar but won't allow to scroll and the icons are not lined up with the correct links

Posts 4837
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:44 AM

Robert Montgomery:

I'm having same problem,  type in a search select option from drop down list and then fact book window stays blank unless i drag tab around screen.  Also home page is acting similar but won't allow to scroll and the icons are not lined up with the correct links

Could you provide screenshots (use the paperclip to post them) to show us what you're experiencing?

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 5160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:13 AM

Siegwart Bogatscher:
When I type a new item in the top box and press enter, nothing changes. Factbook is just a white page after starting Logos. Only when I click on any other tab within Logos and then click again on the Factbook tab, it will show the requested page.

I am afraid that this is 'beyond my ken' and will need a Windows user to advise you.

Might I suggest that you reproduce the system right up to the earliest point that Factbook doesn't perform and then gather logs and post them to the forum. There is a link in my signature about gathering logs.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5
Robert Montgomery | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:27 AM

these are before and after moving factbook and before and after minimizing homepage

Posts 629
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:09 AM

Robert, I am sorry to hear that you have been having this difficulty.

Since you have mentioned that your home page will not scroll, I recommend using these instructions.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Posts 5
Robert Montgomery | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:37 AM

that didn't fix it home screen and factbook are still unusable

Posts 5
Robert Montgomery | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:18 PM

I found a fix on logos support 

Posts 5
Robert Montgomery | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:22 PM

the link didn't post. title of article is "display problems on 11th gen intel processors with iris xe" 

i hope that also helps original poster

Posts 3
Siegwart Bogatscher | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 2:21 AM

Robert Montgomery:

the link didn't post. title of article is "display problems on 11th gen intel processors with iris xe" 

i hope that also helps original poster

Yes, that helped. I also use the 11th gen intel processor with iris xe. Thank you very much, Robert! This solved my problem.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS