When I tried to open Logos 9 this morning, it asked for me to sign in with my Faithlife account,

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Mark A. Doublin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:31 AM

Hi,

When I tried to open Logos 9 this morning...it would not open.

It asked for me to sign in with my Faithlife account.  I had no other option to open the program.  I used it yesterday, just by clicking on the Logos button.

I'm using Win 10 Pro.

We don't have "wi-fi" or any other internet at our church.  How can I open and use Logos 9 without an internet connection?

Below are instructions I got when I was using Logos 7, I think...tried this, but, it didn't work.

To run Logos w/o an internet connection,

1.  Rt clk desktop icon

2.  Hold down ctrl key & clk open

A.  Hold until sign in box comes up

a.  Select work offline

Thanks, Mark

Posts 19022
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:08 PM

Mark A. Doublin:
How can I open and use Logos 9 without an internet connection?

Personally change Program Settings for Use Internet from Yes to No when want to use a Logos / Verbum installation offline (for an extended time).

Mark A. Doublin:
It asked for me to sign in with my Faithlife account. I had no other option to open the program. I used it yesterday, just by clicking on the Logos button.

Apologies for not knowing what happened so sign in is required. One possibility is a security certificate expired so login is needed with a current certificate.

Logos Help Center (LHC) has

FYI: Thankful for my iPhone having personal hotspot capabilities, which can provide internet access for my computers.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 629
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:28 AM

Mark A. Doublin:

Below are instructions I got when I was using Logos 7, I think...tried this, but, it didn't work.

To run Logos w/o an internet connection

1.  Rt clk desktop icon

2.  Hold down ctrl key & clk open

A.  Hold until sign in box comes up

a.  Select work offline

Hi Mark,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having this problem.

The instructions you quote for using Logos offline are outdated.  Logos should simply work if you are offline, without any need to hold down the Control key.

However, if you are unable to use Logos offline, I cannot really offer any troubleshooting steps that do not involve going online.  If you cannot work offline, there is a "missing ingredient" that can only be supplied by going online.  This problem can usually be solved by doing the following:

1. Please use this article to update Windows on your computer.  Please use the option for “Update now”.
  2. Once Windows has been updated, please use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are often used to install Logos, but they work just find for getting Logos up to date after it has been installed.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Posts 30
Mark A. Doublin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 4:58 PM

I don't know what the problem was, but, when I tried to open Logos the next day it is working like it should.

Mark

Posts 30
Mark A. Doublin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 5:01 PM

Hi Joe,

I had just updated my Win 10 a couple of days before.

The next day I tried to open Logos while offline and all seems well.

One of life's "little mysteries", I guess.

Mark

Posts 2126
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 6:49 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

I am sorry to hear that you have been having this problem.

The instructions you quote for using Logos offline are outdated.  Logos should simply work if you are offline, without any need to hold down the Control key.

However, if you are unable to use Logos offline, I cannot really offer any troubleshooting steps that do not involve going online.  If you cannot work offline, there is a "missing ingredient" that can only be supplied by going online.  This problem can usually be solved by doing the following:

1. Please use this article to update Windows on your computer.  Please use the option for “Update now”.
  2. Once Windows has been updated, please use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are often used to install Logos, but they work just find for getting Logos up to date after it has been installed.

Please let us know if you need further help.

FL may not recognize it as a known bug, but it is a bug.  It has happened before see this post.  It happens rarely, and randomly even if a pc is up to date.  No explanation was ever given to address it.  And the solution is not possible when you are about to preach in a place where there is no internet connection or cellular connection to get you signed in. Thankfully it has not happened to me since this post

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS