Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Tim Worley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:08 AM

Hello,

Like others here, I am a displaced WS user (of 11 years). I am looking at moving to Logos as just part of the natural progression of technology. I am basically trying to swiftly move past the learning curve, and on to productiveness. Will be using both the Windows version on a laptop and IOS on an iPad Pro. 

Thus far, I cannot find an equivalent of "link sets" on the iPad - where navigating through the Bible causes matching navigation through opened commentaries. Am I missing something there?

Also, is "passage guide" as close as the mobile version comes to Explorer in the desktop version? I am missing the cross reference to sermon illustrations resources on the iPad platform. They do seem to work via Explorer on the desktop platform.

And one more question: will upgrading to Logos 9 change any of the above, and make the IOS platform function closer to the Windows platform?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 6:13 AM

HI Tim - welcome to Logos and to these forums

Tim Worley:
I am basically trying to swiftly move past the learning curve, and on to productiveness.

Please feel free to post questions and we'll help the best we can.

Tim Worley:
Thus far, I cannot find an equivalent of "link sets" on the iPad - where navigating through the Bible causes matching navigation through opened commentaries. Am I missing something there?

There is a link set ability in the mobile apps - please see https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025293271-Logos-Mobile-Linking-Tabs for information on how it works.

Tim Worley:
Also, is "passage guide" as close as the mobile version comes to Explorer in the desktop version? I am missing the cross reference to sermon illustrations resources on the iPad platform. They do seem to work via Explorer on the desktop platform.

Passage Guide on mobile is more a cut down version of the Passage Guide on desktop.

But it doesn't contain all the sections - and the link to sermon illustration resources is one of the (many) missing sections.

Tim Worley:
And one more question: will upgrading to Logos 9 change any of the above, and make the IOS platform function closer to the Windows platform?

There are some new features in the Logos 9 app on mobile but none that affect the specific things you mention above,

Graham

Posts 2
Tim Worley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:53 AM

Hello Graham,

Thank you for the solutions and explanations on the desktop <> mobile differences. 

I am likely to upgrade to Logos 9 in the next few days - if I am to transition from WS, I may as well begin with the "latest and greatest." I'm just discerning which bundle to go with right now. The comparison pages on Logos have been very useful.

Peace
-Tim

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:05 AM

Tim Worley:
I am likely to upgrade to Logos 9 in the next few days - if I am to transition from WS, I may as well begin with the "latest and greatest."

Sounds like a grand plan

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS