BUGS: Visualizations Guide for Deuterocanonicals

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 30938
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:18 PM

Bauserman, Charles R., Matt Nerdahl, and Jimmy Parks. 2015. Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the Septuagint Deuterocanon and Apocrypha. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. is not listed in the results when I run the Visualization Guide on Gen-Rev with NRSV as the preferred bible.

In fact, if I run the Guide on Tobit alone, I get no results. I believe this to be wrong. Bauserman, Charles R., Matt Nerdahl, and Jimmy Parks. 2015. Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the Septuagint Deuterocanon and Apocrypha. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. should be included.

You might also want to correct the NT entries that do not extend to Revelation ...

And you might want to correct the spelling of the 3rd from the end entry .. an extra c is not necessary.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 922
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

<snip/>

And you might want to correct the spelling of the 3rd from the end entry .. an extra c is not necessary.

MJ, this misspelling is puzzling: here's what i get for what i think is comparable (Logos Bible Software 9.2 Beta 3). Is it possible you've edited the abbreviation for this? What do you see on the Information panel for this resource? 

Posts 30938
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:35 PM

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 48
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 8:39 AM

Why are there seeming duplicates of titles, including the 4x Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament, and the *Casccadia titles?

What is revealed when you hover over the "Casccadia" titles?

Posts 2461
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:

Have you edited the series?

Posts 48
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 9:17 AM

Yeah, that's probably it.

Posts 11362
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 9:52 AM

Isaiah:
Why are there seeming duplicates of titles, including the 4x Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament, and the *Casccadia titles?

The 4 Lexham titles are 4 resources for me: LSGNT type:bible, LSGNT: Sentence Analysis type:clause-visualization, one NA and one SBL edition each

The two Cascadia ones (I don't see the typo), both type:clause-visualization again are one NA, one SBL.

The third one for the deuterocanon is missing in the display for me, too (which seems to be the actual bug) - and I'd like to see the LXX standard canon....

Edit: with all empty series, this is how it looks for me:

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 30938
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 2:01 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Have you edited the series?

Bingo, Andrew. Side effect of the new "title" routine ... another quirk to watch out for/get used to. Thanks.

Posts 26231
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 3:32 PM

NB.Mick:
The third one for the deuterocanon is missing in the display for me, too (which seems to be the actual bug)

Let's return to the actual bug.  Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the Septuagint Deuterocanon and Apocrypha does not appear in results when the passage is Esther or Tobit.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11362
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 3:37 PM

Dave Hooton:

NB.Mick:
The third one for the deuterocanon is missing in the display for me, too (which seems to be the actual bug)

Let's return to the actual bug.  Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the Septuagint Deuterocanon and Apocrypha does not appear in results when the passage is Esther or Tobit.

Hm, I didn't think of checking Greek Esther. But you sound like the other deuterocanonical books work? I tried Judith and Wisdom without success.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS