Show completion date for 'in production' items that we pre-order

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 61
Benny | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:46 AM

Hi,  

It will be great if Logos can show the estimate completion date when we pre-order an item, and it says it is 'in-production'.    Many times i pre-order an item, and it says it is in production, and i keep waiting and waiting and have no idea when it will be completed and become available.   I keep struggling to cancel the pre-order and simply buy it on Kindle.     Currently i pre-order a Greek Textbook 'in-production' which i need it in this semester for my class, but again, when i talked to the Logos support, there is no way if it will be available in the next few weeks.    I think it is reasonable to at least give the buyer an estimated time so we can decide whether we should wait (which i do prefer to have it on Logos), or if we cannot wait, we simply get it elsewhere.

Thanks a lot!

End Proctoring-
Posts 973
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 10:28 AM

The expected date is usually only displayed as they get closer to finalizing production (maybe 3 months out?). They don't typically give an expected completion date in the early stages because Logos is notoriously bad at estimating how long it's going to take them to complete something.

If I were you, I would never pre-order something that didn't have the expected release date. I personally do not pre-order much at all from Logos because of the unpredictability of the completion timing.

If you don't see an expected release date, certainly don't pre-order it for a class because it probably won't be finished before the class is over.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS