Logos March Madness 2021

Page 1 of 4 (71 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 24 2021 8:45 AM

I don't hear anything yet about Logos March Madness 2021?

Any rumors of this year approach?  

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 8493
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 8:49 AM

Nope is not March yet! Usually the first week or so before anything shows up.

DAL

Posts 5625
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 3:41 PM

What about Verbum Walk Happiness 2021?

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 8:34 AM

SineNomine:

What about Verbum Walk Happiness 2021?

Verbum Sprint Satisfaction

Posts 5903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 11:10 AM

It’s been a huge fizzer for me for a number of years, it’s no longer an event to mark in the calendar. It’s great for new customers or those with smaller librarie, but once you have a larger library rarely anything to write home about makes it to the final rounds. Hope you do pick up a good deal for you this year Wild Eagle.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 11:47 AM

This is why I am thinking that hopefully there will be in some way a new approach. We had for a number of times Author vs Author, Commentary vs Commentary set. Book vs Book would not generate lots of money for Faithlife. My suggestion would be Bundles vs Bundles where Faithlife could even compile some new bundles just for MM... 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1723
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 12:34 PM

Wild Eagle:

This is why I am thinking that hopefully there will be in some way a new approach. We had for a number of times Author vs Author, Commentary vs Commentary set. Book vs Book would not generate lots of money for Faithlife. My suggestion would be Bundles vs Bundles where Faithlife could even compile some new bundles just for MM... 

Personally, I'd rather have individual books available.  Bundles tend to be too expensive for me and sets only ever appeal if I have virtually the whole set and can complete the set cheaply. 

2 years ago was great when although they started with bundles of commentaries, they then relented and made individual volumes available at the appropriate discount. 

Posts 97
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 1:05 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Wild Eagle:

Personally, I'd rather have individual books available.  Bundles tend to be too expensive for me and sets only ever appeal if I have virtually the whole set and can complete the set cheaply. 

2 years ago was great when although they started with bundles of commentaries, they then relented and made individual volumes available at the appropriate discount. 

I totally agree.  I was pretty bummed last year when they chose not to repeat that, and only kept the discount on the sets.  I didn’t wind up buying anything.

Posts 215
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 1:30 PM

Jon:

Paul Caneparo:

Wild Eagle:

I totally agree.  I was pretty bummed last year when they chose not to repeat that, and only kept the discount on the sets.  I didn’t wind up buying anything.

Bundles cost too much for me.  I prefer that MM put individual volumes on sale.  I have the invidious CAD / USD exchange rate to contend with, as well.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 3:22 PM

What I meant is to have bundles and break them up during sales, once that division is over. In other words to have different bundles or sets of books, for example Reformation bundle, Counterpoints Bundle, Commentaries Bundles, Dictionaries Bundles and etc., and once that division is over, all those books from that set to discount individually.

Posts 2774
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 4:05 PM

MM has sort of fizzled for me as it's mostly the mainstay stuff I already gathered. As much as I still am a fan of some authors, few of the heavies I care for even get a mention.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1189
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 5:10 PM

There have been some good sales in the past 12 months, plus the release of L9 and the expansion collections. We've also had some good ME sales. What else is there? My budget is somewhat limited now, so I'm hoping for a few books that are bargain priced. How about some of the stuff that rarely goes on sale? Concordia? Brill? Individual titles, not bundles.

Posts 8493
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 5:21 PM

Logos Mix & Match Madness! You can choose your own resources or bundles for 60% off for a full month without having to worry about who’s going to win or not! The entire Logos catalog is included! 👍😁👌

Posts 1991
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 6:00 PM

March Disappointment 2021

March Disappointment 20XX

Let me tell you the results:

1. Don't bother/wait, just look back on April.

2. Discounts are always disappointing. Most, you'll end up buying either just the winner or runner up, otherwise, everything else still expensive. Unless you're one of those logos fanatics who doesn't care about their money. Learn from my mistakes

3. Read #1

Posts 1274
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 6:59 PM

mike:

March Disappointment 2021

March Disappointment 20XX

Let me tell you the results:

1. Don't bother/wait, just look back on April.

2. Discounts are always disappointing. Most, you'll end up buying either just the winner or runner up, otherwise, everything else still expensive. Unless you're one of those logos fanatics who doesn't care about their money. Learn from my mistakes

3. Read #1

my rules are

1. Do I want/need it?

2. Will I get it for cheaper than I would normally?

3. Can I afford the sale price?

if the answer to all three is yes, I’ll do it. Otherwise, no.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1971
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 2:35 PM

And don't forget: the phrase "March Madness" is copyrighted. I think Faithlife stopped using it several years ago. Now, if you have an eccentric uncle, I think you can still say he's "as mad as a march hare."

Window 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 97
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 6:14 PM

Robert M. Warren:

And don't forget: the phrase "March Madness" is copyrighted. I think Faithlife stopped using it several years ago. Now, if you have an eccentric uncle, I think you can still say he's "as mad as a march hare."

I think the official FL phrase is “March Matchups”.

Posts 97
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 7:46 AM

Looks like it’s going to be commentary themed:

https://www.logos.com/march-matchups

Posts 8493
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:02 AM

Jon:

Looks like it’s going to be commentary themed:

https://www.logos.com/march-matchups

Yep! It’s listed under Sale — “Limited time” drop down menu.  We’ll see what they’ll include this time around 👍😁👌

Posts 1723
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:17 AM

Well it seems I"m the only one to have voted do far!

I didn't vote for every match up. However, I really hope they make individual volumes available as otherwise I suspect Logos won't end up with any of my dollars.

Page 1 of 4 (71 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS