Logos March Madness 2021

Page 2 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 96
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:43 AM

I’m pretty disappointed that BECNT is excluded from the tournament, that should’ve been a no brainer to be included in there.

Posts 1684
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:45 AM

Jon:

I’m pretty disappointed that BECNT is excluded from the tournament, that should’ve been a no brainer to be included in there.

I suspect it's because the series is rarely (if ever) offered at more than less 30%.

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 11:01 AM

SineNomine:

What about Verbum Walk Happiness 2021?

https://verbum.com/bracket 

It's a whole bracket of books by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI!

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 11:20 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

YesYes

Posts 1263
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 11:55 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

I think I have all of the ones in the brackets 😕

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 12:13 PM

Logos link:

https://www.logos.com/bracket 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 9527
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 12:47 PM

Jon:

NICOT/NICNT is also missing. This set has been available at a good discount in the not-so-distant past, however.

For me, as in the past couple of March madness events, there is likely to be little to entice me. I did vote and will vote for whatever series I think deserves the widest distribution.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 12:53 PM

Mark Smith:

NICOT/NICNT is also missing. This set has been available at a good discount in the not-so-distant past, however.

For me, as in the past couple of March madness events, there is likely to be little to entice me. I did vote and will vote for whatever series I think deserves the widest distribution.

NICOT/NICNT has won the past couple of times we have done commentaries. So, we decided this year to put it in the hall of fame. This means we still have it on discount at 40% off at https://www.logos.com/march-matchups.

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:23 PM

As expected it’s a big Roll Eyes nothing to see her March March-up. At least there is some interesting stuff in the 4.99 publisher sale.

Posts 19401
Forum MVP
Posts 4749
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:37 PM

I’m actually looking forward to polishing off a few sets at a discount :)

God’s word for you, ZEC, exegetical summaries

Posts 9
Justin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:46 PM

New guy question, but it seems a few of these commentaries are also in the Gold package and above. When the discounted prices are updated in a few days, will this dynamically reduce the price for those base packages as well? Or would it be best, if someone is looking at one of those packages, to buy the discounted commentaries to reduce the overall price of the package?

Posts 79
nl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:58 PM

Will individual volumes be available? I have no interest in full sets.

Posts 1160
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 2:19 PM

Justin:

New guy question, but it seems a few of these commentaries are also in the Gold package and above. When the discounted prices are updated in a few days, will this dynamically reduce the price for those base packages as well? Or would it be best, if someone is looking at one of those packages, to buy the discounted commentaries to reduce the overall price of the package?

The nice thing is you can wait until: All Deals Live: March 22–April 1 to find out and compare.

Posts 9527
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 2:54 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:
NICOT/NICNT has won the past couple of times we have done commentaries. So, we decided this year to put it in the hall of fame. This means we still have it on discount at 40% off at https://www.logos.com/march-matchups.

Nice! Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 35
Peter Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 3:05 PM

Hi Justin, I’m fairly new too, but I think that if you’re considering a base package with a commentary set in it, the cost of the package ‘within’ the BP will always be less than the standalone price, even when on sale, so I don’t think buying the commentary set first will reduce the BP price by as much as you’d pay for the commentary.

Happy to be corrected of course by those who have more experience!

Posts 4749
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 3:15 PM

Peter Ryan:

Hi Justin, I’m fairly new too, but I think that if you’re considering a base package with a commentary set in it, the cost of the package ‘within’ the BP will always be less than the standalone price, even when on sale, so I don’t think buying the commentary set first will reduce the BP price by as much as you’d pay for the commentary.

Happy to be corrected of course by those who have more experience!

You are correct sir.  Also, if the product goes on sale it does not affect the package price. As someone else said earlier, wait until the end and price compare. :)  

Also, I would expect another package sale in the future so if the package is your decision and you can wait, I’d wait for the next sale. 

Posts 9
Justin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 3:30 PM

Mattillo:

You are correct sir.  Also, if the product goes on sale it does not affect the package price. As someone else said earlier, wait until the end and price compare. :)  

Also, I would expect another package sale in the future so if the package is your decision and you can wait, I’d wait for the next sale. 

I appreciate that. In the past, knowing that doesn’t mean it’ll follow the same pattern possibly going forward, approximately When were the base package sales? I’m 2 courses into my graduate program so I do have some things I am targeting and do have some time to wait, but also not that long. 

Posts 4749
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 3:43 PM

Justin:

Mattillo:

I appreciate that. In the past, knowing that doesn’t mean it’ll follow the same pattern possibly going forward, approximately When were the base package sales? I’m 2 courses into my graduate program so I do have some things I am targeting and do have some time to wait, but also not that long. 

That I cannot predict. They just finished up a long period of sales when L9 first released. I’d GUESS the end of this year. Pure guess though

Posts 1160
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:02 PM

Justin:

I don't know if you've noticed, but each book, set, collection, bundles, etc., usually has a larger group that a particular resource is included in. So, check the commentary you're interested in to find out what larger group it may be included in. Sometimes, commentaries are broken up into smaller groups that go on sale separately, or the individual books may go on sale. Make yourself a wish list of all the pieces and check it whenever a sale is going on.

Page 2 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS